Affiliate links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
Inside Google Play: These were the top trending apps and games in January 2017
In the Android world, just about every month is full of great new app and game releases, and January 2017 was no different. We understand that it can be pretty difficult to keep track of them all, which is why we try pointing you in the right direction with our lists of the best new apps and games of the month.
If you’ve been curious to know which apps and games were most popular last month, we’ve got you covered. Here are the apps that were trending on Google Play in January 2017:
- CNN: The CNN app featured live-streaming for both the President’s Farewell Address (Jan. 10) and the President’s Inauguration (Jan. 20). As a result, it received a spike in downloads on the Play store as Android users came to the Store looking for a way to live-stream these national events.
- Edjing: Following a major update to edjing 6 in December 2016, the app began to see strong performance in the Store during January. With an all-new sampler added to the mix, users were able to compile a more diverse mix of music from the app’s extensive library.
- Dubsmash: Many Android users rang in the new year with this hilarious, fun lip sync app that allows you to share your dubbed masterpieces with friends.
- Aqua Alert: Water Intake Tracker: This popular apps was a hit in January as Android users set their healthy 2017 resolutions and decided to be smarter about hydration.
- Learn Chinese: This top performer among education apps in January shows Android users are interesting in learning Mandarin in 2017.
Interested in learning more about the hottest games on the market? Here are the most popular new games of January 2017:
So that was Google Play’s list of the top trending games from January 2017, but what about the apps and games that are making their way to the Play Store in the next few months? For starters, EasilyDo Email and Kevin Durant’s DurantEmoji are both making their way to the Play Store sometime in February. We can also expect Nintendo’s Fire Emblem: Heroes, The Godfather and Barbie: Sparkle Blast to come to Android in February, while Super Mario Run will land in March.
So, that was a quick look at what was hot in January 2017. Have you downloaded any of the apps or games listed above? Be sure to tell us your thoughts in the comments.