The rumors and leaks surrounding the Pixel 4 barely started when Google tweeted out a photo of the handset. The search giant didn’t share any additional information but learning bits and pieces about the phone from code teardowns.
So with what we do know, we decided to ask you: What do you think of Google’s upcoming Pixel 4? Here’s what you had to say.
Are you excited for the Pixel 4?
Interestingly, out of the nearly 20,000 people who voted in this week’s poll on the website, Twitter, and YouTube, the votes were almost equally split between the three options. But when everything is averaged out, the majority didn’t care too much about the Google Pixel 4.
Digging through the comments, it’s pretty clear that most are tired of Google releasing mediocre phones with flagship prices. Some have a small amount of hope that the company has learned from the past and will include an ample amount of RAM and doesn’t suffer from software bugs when launched.
Here are some of the best comments from last week’s poll explaining why they voted the way that they did:
- I’m excited at the outside chance of seeing something ‘Project Soli.’ God, wouldn’t that be great. However, if all we’re getting is a dull, iterative update (slightly faster, slightly better camera, etc.), then it’ll be another pass this year. And maybe by this time next year, I’ll be looking to update my Pixel 2 for a Pixel 4a? Looking forward to what unfolds…
- Considering the ever-increasing price of a good phone, a name brand phone (Pixel, Galaxy, iPhone…) as well as how even a good mid-range phone is nipping at flagship territory. There are many an average user – myself included – who are likely to purchase a good mid-range device, hold on to it longer and save the money we’d have otherwise spent on a flagship or routinely purchasing a flagship level phone.
- Just hopeful my Pixel 3 will make it until the Pixel 5.
- I am waiting for the 4a or possibly 5a. The 3a and 3a XL were the best things Google has come out within a LONG time!
- If it comes with at least 6 gigs of ram it might be considerable, with 4 it’ll be a hard pass.
- Nah, track record put me off, they seem to be one of the most problem-ridden devices, the camera was the only plus but now we have P30
That’s it for this week, everyone. As always, thanks for voting, thanks for the comments, and don’t forget to let us know what you thought of the results below!