Links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
Alleged specs of Google Pixel 3 XL will have you laughing out loud
- A newly-leaked video shows a hands-on demonstration with an alleged Google Pixel 3 XL.
- If the video is legit, it says the display is 6.7-inches and the phone includes a 3,430mAh battery.
- These leaked Google Pixel 3 XL specs — if real — are curiously not too impressive.
If the video does, in fact, depict a Google Pixel 3 XL, the specs of the device might be a bit underwhelming.
According to the video, the Google Pixel 3 XL will have a whopping 6.7-inch screen (with a comically gigantic notch and chin), a 3,430mAh battery, a single rear 12.2MP camera, 4GB of RAM, 64GB of storage, and the Qualcomm Snapdragon 845. The video also alleges that the Pixel 3 XL will have three front-facing cameras, each at 8.1MP.
If these specs are legit, it will raise a lot of eyebrows for the following reasons:
- The battery in the Google Pixel 3 XL is allegedly smaller than the one in the Google Pixel 2 XL?
- Why would there be a triple-lens camera setup on the front of the device but only a single camera on the rear?
- That screen doesn’t look to be even close to 6.7-inches.
- 4GB of RAM in a 2018 ultra-premium flagship? Really?
- Only 64GB of storage in a phone likely to cost nearly $900? Whaa?
Now, I’m not saying that this is definitely not a Google Pixel 3 XL, but I am saying that things are not quite adding up.
What do you think? Is this YouTuber taking us for a ride, or is this what Google really has planned for the Google Pixel 3 XL? Let us know in the comments.