Links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
How to enable or disable app suggestions on Google Pixel phones
Google Pixel owners have had a rather unique feature to access since the launch of Android 11 in 2022. It’s called App Suggestions, and it’s designed to show Pixel users recommended apps on either the home screen or the bottom app drawer, based on the owner’s phone activity. Of course, Pixel users might think this kind of feature is more than a bit annoying if it’s enabled. Thankfully, you can disable it pretty quickly on the phone. You can also enable the feature again if you decide you want to use it.
Read more: Best Android launchers
THE SHORT ANSWER
You can get rid of this feature just by going into the Home Settings screen to toggle the suggestions off. You can toggle them back on again to reenable the feature.
How to turn off app suggestions from Pixel phones
- First, just long press any space on your Pixel home screen that is not occupied by an app.
- You should see a pop-up menu appear on the screen with a Home Settings option. Tap on that selection.
- Next, go down and tap on the Suggestions option.
- You should now see the Suggestions menu. Toggle off both the Suggestions in all apps list and the Suggestions on Home screen options to disable both.
How to turn on app suggestions from Pixel phones
- Once again, press any space on your Pixel home screen that is empty.
- The pop-up menu will appear, and you tap on the Home Settings option
- Tap on the Suggestions option, and then toggle on the Suggestions in all apps list and the Suggestions on Home screen options to reenable them again.
That’s how you disable or enable this feature on your Google Pixel phone.