If you’re even remotely interested in gaming, you’ve probably heard about some of the announcements making the rounds these days. I don’t know, stuff like a remake of Final Fantasy VII, Fallout 4, a new Deus Ex, an expansion for Destiny, a new Hitman, Star Wars: Battlefront, just to name a few. All of these games have been showcased ahead of E3, the biggest gaming trade show in the world.
While console and PC gaming remain the main attractions, mobile gaming has carved a niche for itself at E3, and it’s only going to get bigger which each edition. That’s why we decided to attend the show for the first time, and this is where you can see our coverage.
We will be updating this post with new videos and links as they come, so keep it tuned!
Videos and hands-on
Oculus Rift VR
Oculus Rift is the most talked about VR headset of the moment, and that’s no accident. Oculus has made the biggest strides towards making VR a consumer-ready technology. Is the hype warranted? Read our Oculus Rift VR reactions post.
Twitch is huge, but Google has set its sight on it. YouTube Gaming is the newcomer in the gaming streaming arena, but the service looks ready for prime-time. Read our YouTube Gaming hands-on post.
Maybe you haven’t heard about Unkilled, but very likely you know the game’s predecessor: Madfinger Games’ Dead Trigger 2. Read our Unkilled impressions post.
Sony Project Morpheus reactions
Lanh talks about his experience using Sony’s Project Morpheus virtual reality set. This is a PlayStation accessory, but given how VR blurs the line between platforms (and how cool the device is), we had to give it a try. Read our post on Project Morpheus here.
Everyone loves minions, right? EA sure hopes that’s the case, as the publisher announced a build-harvest title called Minions’ Paradise that puts you in charge of a horde of yellow subjects. Read our post on Minions’ Paradise here.
Gameloft is as big as they come in the mobile gaming industry, and the publisher had a healthy presence here at E3. We got a look at the very cool looking Siegefall, as well as two other games. Read our post on Siegefall here.
EA Sports wants to bring to smartphones some of those sweet graphics and intricate controls you see on a FIFA console or PC title. We were pretty impressed by the results. Read our post on FIFA here.
We’re live from E3!
Josh and Lanh talk about their first impressions from the show, what they look forward to see, and their sheer enthusiasm to be able to attend Electronic Entertainment Expo 2015.
Demo: Merge VR – making VR more accessible
Grushie and Lanh takes a look at Merge VR, a virtual reality headset that aims to lower the barrier of entry into the world of VR. Read our post on Merge VR here .
Demo: Dawn of Titans – control thousands of units on the battlefied
Games like the Total War series have long made it possible to control entire virtual armies in real time, in epic battles across across huge battlefields. Zynga-owned Natural Motion managed to bring some of that experience to mobile. Read our post on Dawn of Titans here.
And here’s our coverage on the news breaking on the sidelines of E3 2015!
- Final Fantasy 7 finally going mobile!
- Titan Quest will fight its way to Android sometime this year, courtesy of DotEmu
- Kingdom Hearts Unchained Key is coming to mobile (trailer)
- Square Enix announces Lara Croft Go for mobile devices at E3 2015
- EA announces build-harvest game Minion’s Paradise, coming summer 2015
- Real Fallout 4 Pip-Boy is the wearable of the future
- New Fallout Shelter game announced for iOS, Android version coming later
- Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, a new card based game from EA, will be out this year
- Telltale Games announced Walking Dead: Michonne mini series, coming to Android this fall
- Popular first person shooter franchise Payday is making its way to mobile devices
- Diablo-esque Torchlight coming to Android soon
- Bethesda takes on Hearthstone with the Elder Scrolls: Legends card game due out later this year
- SteelSeries Stratus XL Bluetooth controller coming in July
Keep an eye out for updates to this post and let us know what would you like us to cover from E3!