If you hate the default Google Assistant voice, you’ll be happy to hear that you can change it with just a few taps on your smartphone. You can choose from a number of male and female ones or even opt for the voice of a celebrity like John Legend or Issa Rae. However, keep in mind that the number of voices available depends on your language as well as location.
Read more: Best Google Assistant devices
Here’s how to change the voice on your Google Assistant-based smartphone.
How to change Google Assistant voice
The easiest way to change it is to open and use the Google app. Here’s the breakdown:
Step-by-step instructions on how to alter the voice:
- Launch the Google app on your phone.
- Tap the More icon in the bottom-right corner.
- Select the “Settings” option.
- Tap the “Google Assistant” selection.
- Scroll down and select the “Assistant voice” option.
- Scroll through and preview all the voices available for your phone.
- Select a new voice and close the app.
There you have it — that’s how you can change it in just a minute or two. We will update this article if the procedure to alter the voice is updated or revamped.