Links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
The best Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra cases you can buy
The Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra is one of the best Android smartphones you can get, but it’s also one of the most expensive. You definitely don’t want it to get damaged from an accidental bump or drop. A good case is a great way to keep your phone protected. Here at Android Authority, we extensively test both phones and cases, so we’ve done the research for you. Here’s a look at some of the best Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra cases you can get.
Our quick picks for the best Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra cases:
- Thin case: Spigen Thin Fit — See it on Amazon
- Thin but decent protection, this is the best Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra case to avoid the bulk.
- Clear case: Spigen Ultra Hybrid — See it on Amazon
- This clear case combines a polycarbonate back and TPU bumper to keep the phone safe while letting you show off its design.
- Hybrid case: Caseology Nano Pop — See it on Amazon
- Add a pop of color and style while protecting your phone with this Caseology case.
- Wallet case: TUCCH wallet — See it on Amazon
- Ditch your wallet and store up to four cards and cash with this premium faux leather case.
- Rugged case: Spigen Tough Armor — See it on Amazon
- For those who need maximum protection without too much bulk, this Spigen case is a great choice.
Our picks include thin cases, rugged cases, wallet cases, and more. If you’d like to learn more about our favorite case brands or other smartphone accessories we recommend, check out our guides below.
Editor’s note: We’ll update this list of the best Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra cases as new options launch.
Best Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra thin case: Spigen Thin Fit
- Thin and light
- Tactile button covers
- Precise cutouts
- Not as protective
- Only one color option (black)
- Not the easiest to remove
If you’re looking for a thin and light case, this case’s name is self-explanatory. The Spigen Spigen Thin Fit is a polycarbonate case that snaps onto the phone. It comes with a raised camera bump, button covers, and precise cutouts for everything else. Despite being a hardshell case, it also offers an impressive grip. That said, it’s not the best option if you’re particularly clumsy. However, it can manage the occasional bump or drop.
Looking for more thin Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra case options? We also recommend:
Looking for more? Check out our list of the best Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra thin cases.
Best Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra clear case: Spigen Ultra Hybrid
- Relatively thin and light
- Precise cutouts
- Good protection
- Clear cases tend to yellow over time
- Difficult to keep clean
- Not the easiest to remove
The Spigen Ultra Hybrid offers good protection for the Galaxy S21 Ultra. With the combination of a polycarbonate back and TPU bumper. You have the choice between a clear option or one with a matte black bumper. It’s a thin case as well, so you haven’t any issues with wireless charging even if the case is on.
Looking for more clear Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra case options? We also recommend:
Looking for more? Check out our list of the best Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra clear cases.
Best Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra hybrid/regular case: Caseology Nano Pop
- Thin but good protection
- Tactile button covers
- Multiple color options
- Nice “pop” of color
- Button covers are a little stiff
Hybrid cases are the way to go if you want added protection without the bulk. And the Caseology Nano Pop is an excellent option. It’s primarily a TPU case with a PC casing for the camera. The highlight here is the various color options available, with a “pop” of contrast that looks great.
Looking for more hybrid Samsung Galaxy S21 Plus case options? We also recommend:
Best Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra wallet case: TUCCH wallet
- Can hold up to four cards and cash
- Folio cover doubles as a kickstand
- Plenty of color options
- RFID blocking
- Magnetic closure might loosen over time
- Need to take the phone out for wireless charging
The TUCCH wallet comes with a classic wallet phone case design. The case is made with premium PU leather that looks stylish and feels great. The folio cover doubles as a kickstand and also comes with an additional layer for RFID blocking. A magnetic clasp keeps the cover closed. The case comes with four card slots and a large pocket for cash. You also have the choice of nine different colors.
Looking for more Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra wallet case options? We also recommend:
Looking for more? Check out our list of the best Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra wallet cases.
Best Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra rugged case: Spigen Tough Armor
- Good protection without the thickness
- Allows wireless charging
- Mil-grade certified
- Flimsy plastic kickstand
The Tough Armor is one of the most durable cases Spigen makes, and it offers plenty of hybrid protection. You’ll find a layer of soft TPU that’s great against drops and a tough polycarbonate shell to keep scratches at bay. It even packs a built-in kickstand to prop the phone up in the landscape orientation. The kickstand is a little flimsy, though, which is a problem with a relatively heavy phone like the Galaxy S21 Ultra.
Looking for more rugged Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra case options? We also recommend:
Looking for more? Check out our list of the best Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra rugged cases.
How we test phone cases
We rigorously test smartphones, accessories, and other products in our reviews here at Android Authority, and there are plenty of factors we consider before recommending a phone case. This is particularly important with the large, heavy, and generally unwieldy Galaxy S21 Ultra.
- Protection: Different cases offer different levels of protection. While an ultra-thin case is great to keep the phone scratch-free, it won’t do much in case of a drop. We simulate real-world drops to test durability for hybrid and rugged cases, like if the phone falls while pulling it out of the pocket. We also look at corner protection, the lip around the display and rear camera, and whether you get covered buttons.
- Build materials and quality: Poor-quality polycarbonate cases are prone to cracking when installing or removing them. The fit also matters. If you have to apply a lot of pressure to remove a case, the case will crack. With softer TPU cases, continuously removing the case might cause it to loosen around the corners, affecting the fit and protection you will get.
- Grip: You don’t want a case that will slip out of your hand or slide off a table. Apart from hands-on testing, we slide the phone across different surfaces like wood and marble to see how slippery (or not) it might be. Cases get extra points if they have ridges or bumps along the sides or back to help add to the grip.
- Installation and removal: Installing a case shouldn’t be difficult, and we don’t consider it if a case can’t even be installed easily. However, removing a case can be a pain with even high-quality cases and potentially damage your phone. It’s a big no-no if you have to apply a lot of force to the point where you feel the phone almost bending.
- Design and colorways: Design and color are personal choices, but it’s nice to have options. We also have a dedicated category for clear cases to show off the phone’s design.
- Price: You don’t have to spend too much to get a good case. You can always find $15 cases that offer as much protection, if not more, than $75 options.