The latest pair of OnePlus devices is here, and they’re true killer flagships. You’ll find speedy Snapdragon 888 processors and vivid 120Hz displays on both the OnePlus 9 and 9 Pro, but don’t expect a headphone jack. However, you’re not out of luck when it comes to awesome audio alternatives. Here are our picks for the best OnePlus 9 series headphones you can buy.
The best headphones for the OnePlus 9 and 9 Pro:
- OnePlus Bullets Wireless Z
- Sony WH-1000XM4
- Jabra Elite Active 75t
- Audio-Technica ATH-M50xBT
- OnePlus Buds
Editor’s note: We’ll update this list of OnePlus 9 and 9 Pro headphones regularly if and when new options launch.
1. OnePlus Bullets Wireless Z: Best all-around
If you want an impressive mix of fast charging, a speedy connection, and weather resistance, look no further. OnePlus’ own Bullets Wireless Z offer an incredible 20 hours of battery life on a single charge. Even better, you only need to charge them for 10 minutes to grab half 10 hours of playback.
See also: OnePlus Bullets Wireless Z review
They connect via Bluetooth 5.0, and they come with an IP55 rating for dust and water resistance. The OnePlus Bullets Wireless Z connects with a distinctive neckband design, ensuring that you don’t misplace a ‘bud. You can easily pause your music any time you connect the two earbuds magnetically, and they offer plenty of onboard features. Controls include playback and volume adjustments, as well as virtual assistant access.
Overall, there’s no better place to turn for headphones to pair with your new OnePlus 9 device.
2. Sony WH-1000XM4: Best noise-cancelling
It’s not hard to see why Sony’s flagship headphones have been at the top of our list for years at this point. They pair performance and price in an incredibly stylish package that Sony finds a way to improve each year. The active noise-cancelling (ANC) technology is the star of this show, and it works wonders on a long commute.
See also: Sony WH-1000XM4 review
Sony has made room for all of the top Bluetooth codecs on the WH-1000XM4, a true sign of great headphones. You can connect via LDAC, aptX, aptX HD, and even AAC, depending on your device. These headphones work well regardless of the operating system, and they even offer a headphone jack if you want to connect to devices other than the OnePlus 9.
3. Jabra Elite Active 75t: Best workout earbuds
If you’re planning to make your OnePlus 9 a new gym companion, you’ll want earbuds to match. That probably means water and dust resistance, as well as enough battery life to make it through your workout. Jabra’s Elite Active 75t are among your best options, and they’re carefully designed to dominate the weight room. You’ll get an IP57 rating for your money along with up to seven hours of power on a single charge. Just 15 minutes back in the charging case rewards you with another hour of playback.
Jabra’s Elite Active 75t earbuds offer automatic ear detection and Bluetooth multipoint connection for a little added flexibility. The Elite Active 75t also sport an impressive set of microphones, which is no small feat on earbuds this size. Whether you want to send your way up the rock wall or rack up the miles on a treadmill, the Jabra Elite Active 75t are the way to go for OnePlus 9 workout headphones.
4. Audio-Technica ATH-M50xBT: Best sound quality
The OnePlus 9 and 9 Pro are powerful new devices, and they deserve powerful headphones to match. Luckily, Audio-Technica’s ATH-M50xBT have just what you need. You can finally leave wires behind and experience what have been a favorite among audiophiles for years. Audio-Technica’s premium cans aren’t the most stylish on the market, but they aren’t trying to be. This set of OnePlus 9 headphones is about sound quality above all else.
See also: Best Bluetooth headphones
The ATH-M50xBT pack impressive battery life — we managed more than 30 hours of playback on a single charge. You’ll also get a consumer-friendly sound with a slight bass boost and some comfortable mid and high adjustments. They’re not the cheapest pair of headphones on this list by any means, but we’re here for quality.
5. OnePlus Buds Z: Best budget
We’re very good at providing premium recommendations that are all about the best sound you can get. However, you don’t always have to break the bank. OnePlus’ own Buds Z are a great way to get the music flowing through your OnePlus 9 without hurting your wallet too badly. They offer an IP55 rating as well as up to four hours of playback on a single charge. You can also grab three more hours of playback after just 10 minutes in the charging case.
See also: OnePlus Buds Z review
The OnePlus Buds Z only support the SBC and AAC codecs, which can be a bummer for select Android devices. You won’t find Bluetooth multipoint either, so they work best paired to one device regularly. As long as you can find a good seal, these affordable ‘buds do a decent job at passively knocking out background noise, too.
Best headphones for the OnePlus 9 series: Honorable mentions
- Bose Noise Cancelling Headphones 700: These wireless headphones have long rivaled Sony’s cans for the top spot. They pack 11 levels of top-tier noise-cancelling and sleek minimalist style with battery life to boot.
- Bose Sport Earbuds: Our fitness runner-up is another option from Bose. These aren’t the smallest earbuds around, but the three sizes of StayHear earbuds help to ensure that they’ll stay snug in your ears. You can expect about five hours of playback on a single charge.
- Huawei FreeBuds Pro: Huawei’s earbuds aren’t the most affordable on the list, but they pack solid ANC and great battery life. You’ll also find plenty of smart features to round out your experience.
- Jabra Elite 45h: If you want Jabra’s impressive sound in an on-ear package, the Elite 45h are the way to go. They pack large 40mm drivers and up to 50 hours of battery life on a single charge. Jabra also kept the unique angled microphone setup from its earbuds.
- Jabra Elite 85t: Jabra’s Elite 85t serve as an everyday alternative to the Elite Active 75t. They step things up in the noise-cancelling department and pack in six microphones for excellent call quality. You can get about 25 total hours of playback between the earbuds themselves and the included charging case.
- OnePlus Buds: Before the OnePlus Buds Z rolled around, the OEM launched its original OnePlus Buds. They come in three bright colors, and you’re looking at a solid seven hours of playback. Many specs are the same as the Buds Z, so you’ll get an IP55 rating and speedy Warp charging as well.
- Samsung Galaxy Buds Plus: These ‘buds may bear Samsung’s name, but they pack features that anyone could love. From a Qi-powered charging case to over 11 hours of battery (a lot for wireless earbuds), Samsung checked all of the boxes. They offer integration with Spotify, but noise-cancelling hounds may want to look for the Galaxy Buds Pro instead.
- Sennheiser PXC 550-II: One last pair of headphones to consider for your OnePlus 9 comes from Sennheiser. They come with NoiseGard technology, comfortable ear cups, and a sleek black design. You’re looking at about 30 hours of battery life, which is more than enough to handle a weekly commute.