There isn’t much you can do for your body that is better than getting in shape, staying in shape, and working out. It lowers all of the bad things (cholesterol, blood pressure, etc) and heightens all of the good things (muscles, stamina, etc). Owning an Android device won’t do these things for you but there are plenty of apps that can help you along the way. These apps have become shocking good as well. Unfortunately, they also tend to be shockingly expensive. Here are the best Android fitness apps and workout apps.
General fitness apps
- These apps provide all-in-one fitness experiences. That includes fitness tracking, fitness routines, and various fitness-related reminders. Some of them even go so far as to count your calories, remind you to drink water, and other stuff like that. Most of the popular options are quite expensive, although there are some decent free versions that do less, but still help out a bit.
Workout apps and exercise apps
- These are apps that focus mostly on working out. They focus mostly on exercise routines and progress tracking without a lot of the extra stuff of general fitness apps. We have the best ones listed here, but you can see our full, expanded list of the best workout apps by clicking here!
Bodybuilding apps and strength training apps
- Bodybuilding apps are a genre all on their own. They omit most cardio features in favor of resistance training. They also streamline the experience to focus strictly on those gains. You can see our full, expanded list of strength training apps by clicking here!
- Running apps are among the most popular because running is easy to get into. They focus on tracking length, distance, and pace while running. Many of them include music features and mapping features for planning running routes. You can see our entire list of the best running apps by clicking here.
Fitness tracking apps
- Fitness tracking apps are simple, but effective for fitness. They don’t usually include exercise routines or exercise-specific features. However, they let you track your progress in basically everything. These are great for advanced users who have routines already but want better ways to track them. Of course, you can see our full list of fitness tracking apps by clicking here.
If we missed any great fitness apps or workout apps, tell us about them in the comments. You can also click here to check out our latest Android app and game lists!
Read Next: Best heart rate monitors