Affiliate links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
Android Authority this week - May 10, 2015
Android fans, this week brought us the kind of news we all love and anticipate: the firsts sighting of a new Android version. Buried inside the Google I/O schedule is a clear reference to Android M, all but confirming that Google will at least preview Lollipop’s successor later this month. The week also brought us a juicy report on HUAWEI’s upcoming Nexus; the Galaxy S6 was again in the spotlight, for reasons good and bad; Google launched interesting new features for its apps and services; OPPO teased its latest flagship; Sony launched the selfie-centric Xperia C4; ZTE raised the ante with the luxurious nubia Z9; and info about the OnePlus 2 leaked out.
Inside AA HQ
If you follow our YouTube channel, you probably spotted a video from a new contributor, Bailey Stein. Bailey is a student and lives in Michigan, and like the rest of our team, he is incredibly passionate about mobile technology. He will be contributing videos regularly and this BLU Selfie review is his first. Make him feel welcome!
SoundGuys.com has a new brand new design! We think it’s cleaner and nicer and it will make reading the excellent news and reviews by Kris Wouk’s and Adam Molina’s even nicer. Plus, there’s infinite scrolling and a couple of other goodies. Let us know what you think.
This week we reviewed the LG G4, and we were positively impressed. Josh gave the device an excellent 9 out 10 score, putting LG’s curved creation in very select company. The G4 is yet to go on sale, but you can win it already in our beloved weekly giveaway! Good luck!
Android Authority Podcast
The stuff you shouldn’t miss
- Gift guide: It’s not too late to buy Mom something nice. Here are some nice ideas
- Review: The LG G4 is here! How does it fare against the competition? Find out in our review
- Camera shootout: The results of our blind camera test are in: Galaxy S6 vs HONOR P8 vs One M9
- Review: How about a new smartwatch to go with that LG G4? We review the LG Watch Urbane
Top news of the week
And here are the top news in the Android world this week:
- Google is experimenting with Dart to create faster, smoother Android apps
- Google tests converting websites so they load 4x faster over slow connections
- Google’s latest acquisition will help make Calendar, Inbox and other apps ‘smarter’
- Google Plus introduces new Pinterest-like feature, Collections
- Google Hangouts Chrome app could be in line for a redesign
- Google adds food delivery option to search results
Galaxy S6 in the news
- Yes, a special Galaxy S6 Edge Iron Man edition is coming!
- Galaxy S6 features either ISOCELL or Sony image sensors, here’s the difference
- Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge reportedly getting camera improvements with Android 5.1.1
- Some Galaxy S6 owners are seeing a purple speck on photos taken with the front-facing camera
- Galaxy S6 getting performance improving update in Europe
Android M: first sighting
Xperia C4 is here
Testing the waters for OnePlus 2
HUAWEI Nexus details
We always want to hear your feedback. Whether it’s criticism or praise, feel free to tell us what you think about Android Authority’s content, design, and community. Comment here or get in touch with us on our social channels: