Affiliate links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
Android Authority this week - July 12, 2015
Hello Android fans, rumors of the next Android superstars are sizzling hot and so is summer in many parts of the world. But we don’t mind, as long as we get our daily dose of Android coolness! Here are some of the top news this week: Galaxy Note 5 specs leaked out, along with the phone’s rumored launch time; we’ve added more features to the OnePlus 2’s portrait; an initial set of specs leaked for the LG G Pro 3; further details surfaced about the Galaxy A8 and the Xiaomi Mi 5; Google launched an updated version of Android M; and talk of a BlackBerry-Android connection heated up.
Inside AA HQ
It’s been a quiet few days for us over here at Android Authority. While we’ve slowed down a bit, it doesn’t mean we’re not working behind the scenes on some cool stuff for the second half of the year. For now we’re looking forward to the OnePlus 2 and, provided recent reports are true, the Note 5, as soon as August. Exciting stuff!
This week we’re putting the excellent LG G4 up for grabs. Visit the Sunday Giveaway page for your chance to win LG’s latest flagship.
The stuff you shouldn’t miss
- Feature: Andrew looks at the biggest trends in mobile technology from the first half of 2015
- Feature: In this video and post, Gary explains machine learning, one of the biggest development in modern computing
- Roundup: The Note 5 rumors are coming in hard, and we’re summarized them all right here
- Comparison: Josh pitches against each other the curved S6 Edge and the waterproof S6 Active
- Review: Looking for a new Android tablet? You may want to look at this Galaxy Tab A review
- Roundup: The other hot device of the moment is OnePlus 2: check out all the rumors
- Guide: Rob rounded up a “who’s who” of mobile camera tech
Top news of the week
Note 5 rumors
- Video allegedly showing the Galaxy Note 5 design shows up
- Report reveals Galaxy S6 Edge Plus, Note 5 specs
- WSJ: Samsung to launch Galaxy Note 5 in mid-August, in order to avoid iPhone overlap
OnePlus 2 getting close
- The OnePlus 2 will cost less than $450, says CEO
- The OnePlus 2 will come with 4GB of LPDDR4 RAM
- OnePlus 2 will feature a big 3300mAh battery
- OnePlus has (overly?) ambitious plans to be a platform that ‘follows us’
LG G Pro 3
Galaxy A8 coming soon
Xiaomi Mi 5 specs
Android M preview #2
- Android M Developer Preview 2 arrives
- Diving into Android M: (re)revamped app drawer and customizing what shows in status bar
BB and Google
We always want to hear your feedback. Whether it’s criticism or praise, feel free to tell us what you think about Android Authority’s content, design, and community. Comment here or get in touch with us on our social channels: