Affiliate links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
Android Authority this week – December 27, 2015
Happy Holidays, Android fans! This week brought us rumors about the Galaxy S7’s release date, Marshmallow update news, rumors about Google’s plans for a new messaging service, the release of the Galaxy A9, HTCOne X9, and new generation LG G Pad, more reports about the Xiaomi Mi 5, and a slew of Google Play store deals.
Inside AA HQ
We’ve worked hard this year, bringing you news, features, reviews, and how-to’s around the clock, so we think we deserve some downtime. The entire AA team is taking a little time off to be with family and enjoy the Christmas spirit. But we’ll be back before you know it!
[ooyala code=”pnMHdweTqUkFGQVflM19AzWkheCJilo-” player_id=”7f2b2d0412e84a188ede8d648751dc42″ width=”1920″ height=”1080″ auto=”true”]
The stuff you shouldn’t miss
Top news of the week
Galaxy S7 release
- Marshmallow hits NVIDIA Shield Tablet K1
- Moto X Pure Edition (2014) now updating to Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- How to install the Android 6.0 Marshmallow beta on your Galaxy S6 or S6 Edge
- (Update: UK too) Samsung launches a Marshmallow beta program for the Galaxy S6 in Korea
- Marshmallow arriving for the HTCOne M9 (unlocked) within 24 hours
New Google Messenger and Ford partnership
- Log in to your Google account on the PC using your phone, no password needed
- Google may be building a bot-heavy messaging service
- Google’s immersive 360-degree Spotlight Stories make their way to YouTube
- Google and Ford rumored to announce partnership at CES; yes, it’s about self-driving cars
LG G Pad II
- (Or 75% off a movie rental!) Get a 50% discount on any one album, courtesy of the Google Play Store
- Google Play sale: $1 for 3 months music, 75% of movie rentals, and more
- Update #4: 85+ great Android games are on sale right now
Galaxy A9: 6-inch goodness
Xiaomi Mi 5 rumors
One X9 released
Join our newsletters
Get the Android Weekly delivered to your inbox each and every Sunday, sign up for our newsletter below.