Links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
5 Android apps you shouldn't miss this week! - Android Apps Weekly
- WhatsApp confirmed a mobile payment service last year. The beta is live in India this week. WhatsApp connects to your bank. It then sends money to other users. The service may show up in other countries over the coming months or years. However, it looks like India has the exclusive first beta. Hit the link for more details!
- Snapchat might be fun during the Winter Olympics this year. The service teamed up with NBC. It’ll broadcast big moments from the Winter Olympics directly to the app. NBC is producing two Snapchat-exclusive shows for the event as well. Snapchat isn’t the usual spot for stuff like this. However, it could be a decent way to catch the biggest highlights. NBC’s shows won’t have advertising and that’s a plus.
- New emoji are right around the corner. A list surfaced with 161 emoji on it. The list includes hot and cold faces, pleading, partying, woozy, bald, superheroes, and many more. Most of the people ones also come in multiple skin tones. Number 161 on the list is a pirate flag. Hit the link to learn more!
- Spotify may lose its crown as king of the streaming services this year in the US. Apple Music is apparently growing at an exceptional rate right now. It boasted 36 million subscribers recently with a 5% increase every month. There is every chance that Apple Music slows down. However, there is a real chance that they dethrone Spotify before the end of the year.
- The latest Humble Bundle is out! It’s actually a pretty good one this time around. Some of the game selections include Mushroom 11, Another Lost Phone: Laura’s Story, Oxenfree, Splitter Critters, and Death Road to Canada. You get three games for $1, six games for the average, and then every game for $5. A few of these games cost $5 on their own.
For even more information, check out this week’s newsletter by clicking here! You can subscribe to the newsletter with form below as well if you want to!
If we missed any big Android apps or games news, updates, or releases, tell us about them in the comments below! Check back next week for more!