The COVID-19 outbreak is still in full force, and as a result, there are tons of people stuck at home. Also, many movie theaters remain shut. Even if a movie theater is open in your area, you may not want to risk going to one right now. That means people are connecting to streaming services more and more at home. That includes the HBO cable TV network and HBO Max streaming services. Now there’s a new way to watch HBO with friends while stuck at home.
Read next: Best HBO movies you can watch
Scener, which already allows users to watch Netflix content with friends remotely, has entered into an agreement with WarnerMedia. It allows the Chrome extension to officially access the content on HBO Max. That means you can watch shows like Game of Thrones, Westworld, and Big Little Lies, along with major movies like Zack Snyder’s Justice League, Godzilla vs Kong, and others at the same time with up to 20 friends on your Windows, Mac, or Chromebook.
How to watch HBO with your friends, via HBO Max, via Scener
It’s pretty simple to set up the Scener extension to begin watching HBO content with friends:
- Create a free account on Scener’s website.
- Download and install the Scener Chrome extension.
- Click the Scener logo.
- Click the Scener menu on the top right corner of the screen and select Create a Theater.
- You will then be asked if you want to create a private theater for you and up to 10 friends, or if you want to create a public theater where anyone can sign in to watch movies with you.
- After you select which viewing option you want in the Scener in the extension, select HBO Max as your source for content.
- Finally, go to the HBO or HBO Max show or movie you want to watch and send the included URL to your friends or, if you selected the public option, to anyone.
That’s how you can watch HBO with friends. We will update this article if the procedure changes.