Affiliate links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
VPN by Google One is now available on Windows and Mac
- VPN by Google One is now available on Windows and macOS PCs.
- The desktop version of the VPN can be installed in 22 countries.
- It’s available at no extra cost to Google One Premium customers with 2TB or higher plans.
Last month, Google announced a new virtual private network service for Android and iOS devices called VPN by Google One. Today, the company is expanding its availability across the Windows and Mac desktop platforms.
Starting today, VPN by Google One on desktop will be available to all Google One members on Premium plans. That means if you pay for a 2TB or higher plan, you’ll automatically get VPN by Google One for no extra cost.
Google says the desktop version of its VPN will be available in the same markets where it is currently available on Android and iOS. These include the US, UK, Canada, France, Germany, and more. Here is the complete list of the 22 markets where the service is available.
How to get VPN by Google One on Windows and Mac?
If you qualify for the service, i.e., you have a Google One plan that’s 2TB or higher, you can download the VPN from the Google One website.
- Once you go to the Google One website on your macOS or Windows computer, navigate to the Benefits page.
- Under VPN for multiple devices, click View details
- Click Download app and confirm the download.
- Open VpnByGoogleOne.dmg if you are using a Mac or VpnByGoogleOne.exe if you are on Windows
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install the VPN.
Google One members can share their plan and the VPN with up to five family members at no extra cost, so they can all use the VPN across Android, iOS, Windows, or Mac devices.
“We remain committed to a high degree of transparency and verifiability of our privacy & security guarantees. We have recently completed an extension of this audit to cover the desktop implementations for Windows and macOS,” Google wrote in a press statement, reiterating that the VPN cannot be tied to your online activity and your identity.