Affiliate links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
Must read: top 10 Android stories
This week we talked about Android optimization, ‘bezel-less’ smartphones, Google launching Android One in the US and a whole lot more. Here’s the news of the week!
Who wants to win an HONOR 6X?
10 Android stories we handpicked for you
Galaxy S8 or LG G6: which are you most looking forward to? With the Samsung Galaxy S8 and LG G6 launches on the horizon, we examine what to expect from these handsets and ask which is the most exciting prospect.
Actually, Android IS optimized – Gary explains We often see the comment, “Android isn’t optimized” or “iOS is better optimized.” Why do people say that and is it true?
Meizu M3 Max review Is the M3 Max the new king of the large-smartphone market? Or does it fall short in key areas? Let’s take a deep dive with our comprehensive Meizu M3 Max review.
2016 recap: 90% of Google Play’s revenue came from games (and more fun stats!) It’s 2017 and that means we can finally look back and see how the mobile apps and games market did in 2016. There were some big changes. Check it out!
How to turn your Android phone into a makeshift Nintendo Switch With a bluetooth controller and wireless video casting accessories, you can easily bring your favorite Android games to the big screen, Nintendo Switch style.
Is launching an Android One phone in the US a good idea? We take a closer look at the rumors claiming Google wants to launch its budget-focused Android One program in the US. Is it a good idea?
Will ‘bezel-less’ be the big smartphone design trend of 2017? We’re taking a look at the growing trend of smartphones with little to no bezels around their displays. Are bezel-less smartphones the future?
Making sense of your Android phone’s storage folders File managers can be a powerful tool for keeping your phone’s storage organized, but it’s not always clear what some folders are for.
The current state of custom ROM development With CyanogenMod going the way of the dinosaur, custom ROMs are at an interesting juncture. Join us as we quick look at the state of custom ROM development as it exists today.
Amazon Echo vs Dot vs Tap: which is right for you? Wondering what are the main differences between Amazon Echo, Echo Dot, and Echo Tap? Join us as we take a closer look.
Don’t miss these videos
Watch more Android videos on our YouTube channel.
More hot news
- Galaxy Note 7 fires caused by irregular battery sizes and manufacturing defects
- Google teaming up with LG for two new Android Wear watches, the Watch Sport and Watch Style
- ASUS ZenFone 3 Max review
- You can download Lineage OS builds this weekend
- LG G6 rumored to feature Google Assistant
- OnePlus Bullets (V2) Earphones review
- HONOR 8 Nougat update with EMUI 5.0 starts rolling out globally
- HTC’s ‘Halfbeak’ smartwatch appears again in new photos
- Google Play Services rolling out an Instant Tethering mobile hotspot feature
- Google rumored to help launch Android One phones in the US
- Meitu: trade your privacy for cute anime selfies
- Sony might have stopped the Android Nougat rollout for the Xperia Z5
- Samsung’s Galaxy Note 7 findings will be revealed on January 22 at 8 p.m. EST
- These are the Samsung devices that will get Nougat next
- LG will unveil the G6 on February 26 at MWC 2017
- This could be our best look yet at the Samsung Galaxy S8 display
- Nintendo’s Fire Emblem: Heroes debuts on Android February 2
- Nougat update for unlocked Moto Z due in February, Moto Z Play in March
- This is how Google finds Android malware
- Super Mario Run will start running on Android in March 2017
From our network
- New JBL & AKG products at CES 2017 [SoundGuys.com]
- MacBook and MacBook Pro will reportedly get Intel’s Kaby Lake chips in 2017 [TabTimes.com]
- The Lawnmower Man will come full circle with a new VR series [VRSource.com]
- Everything you need to know about the Faraday Future FF91 [Charged.io]