Links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
Must read: top 10 Android stories
This week we reminisced about the best smartphones and innovations of 2017, talked about what the net neutrality repeal means for the internet, and more. Here’s the news of the week!
Who wants to win a Galaxy Note 8?
The Samsung Galaxy Note 8 was voted the best smartphone of 2017 by our readers. Here’s how you can win one!
10 Android stories we handpicked for you
HUAWEI confirms its phones will be sold by US carriers in 2018, starting with the Mate 10 HUAWEI exec Richard Yu said that more information on the company’s US carrier plans will be revealed in January during CES 2018.
The top three smartphone innovations of 2017 There weren’t a ton of new innovations introduced for smartphones in 2017, but three turned up that we hope to see more of in 2018.
Where to buy the best phones of 2017 Interested in picking up one of the phones on our Best of Android 2017 list? You’ve come to the right place.
Why noise cancellation is the most important tech in mobile You probably don’t think about it, but noise cancellation is a hugely useful technology inside smartphones, enabling everything from crystal clear calls to virtual assistants and better audio.
How to get into great shape with a fitness tracker in just 7 minutes… a day Many people don’t use their fitness trackers to the fullest. In this article, we look at how you can get into shape with your band in just 7 minutes a day.
What China is doing to create a tech edge over the US China continues to grow as the world’s most powerful technology exporter, but what is the country doing differently to gain an edge over Silicon Valley?
What is the Kirin 970’s NPU? – Gary explains Huawei’s Kirin 970 has a new component called the Neural Processing Unit, the NPU. Sounds fancy, but what is it and how does it work?
The rise of Hon Hai Technology Group (Foxconn) and Terry Gou, and shaking the Apple shackles Hon Hai Technology Group (Foxconn) may be best known for manufacturing Apple’s iPhone, but there’s more to this quickly expanding electronics giant.
Tango was Google’s too soon moonshot, but ARCore can do better Although the headlines read that Google killed off the ambitious Project Tango, the truth is that ARCore is exactly what we need. Here’s why.
FCC officially repeals net neutrality rules: what now? Net neutrality is officially dead, but what does that mean for Internet users in the US and beyond? Will it ever come back? Read on to find out.
Don’t miss these videos
Watch more Android videos on our YouTube channel.
More hot news
- Eric Schmidt to leave role as Alphabet’s Executive Chairman, will become a ‘technical advisor’
- iPhone CPU throttling is another argument for replaceable batteries
- First 5G wireless hardware specifications officially approved
- Essential Phone Android 8.0 Oreo beta 2 available to download
- Amazon might be looking to compete with YouTube
- Samsung Galaxy A8 and A8 Plus announced: sleek, selfie-focused mid-rangers
- Magic Leap One mixed reality goggles finally announced, ‘Creator Edition’ coming in 2018
- Samsung’s former Bixby development lead leaves the company
- OnePlus might face a lawsuit over its face unlock feature
- Report: Google forging team in Shanghai with focus on phones and Google Home
- Latest Razer Phone update delivers camera and audio improvements
- Bridge Constructor Portal is not the Portal game you expected, and that’s just fine
- Best gifts for gamers
- The popular Arena of Valor finally launches in North and South America
- Report: Galaxy S9 to launch in February 2018
From our network
- Best earbuds of 2017 [SoundGuys.com]
- 2017 Holiday drone buying guide [DroneRush.com]
- Oculus Rift gets a last minute holiday price cut to $379, VR game bundles also available [VRSource.com]