Links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
This week in Android: Pre-Amazon Prime Day deals and Galaxy M40 review
This week was a bit slow on the news front, but there was still plenty to talk about. First and foremost, we updated our Amazon Prime Day 2019 guide with early deals, tips and tricks, deals on Whole Foods purchases, and Canada deals.
We also spent the past week taking a closer look at devices new and old. Our Samsung Galaxy M40 review dropped, and while it isn’t the best value out there, it’s a damned good-looking phone. We also took an in-depth look at the Google Pixel 2 XL vs the Pixel 3a XL to help you decide which is the better buy (spoiler: the answer is actually pretty tough!).
Here are the top 10 Android stories of the week
- Amazon Prime Day 2019: Everything you need to know — Some Amazon Prime Day deals are already live. Check them out!
- Bring back plastic phones — Plastic phones are great, and we want to see more of them.
- Google Fit guide: Everything you need to know about Google’s fitness platform — Wondering what the deal is with Google Fit? Find out here.
- Google Pixel 2 XL vs Pixel 3a XL — Should you buy Google’s 2017 flagship or 2019 mid-range phone?
- Samsung Galaxy M40 review: Short of perfect — Samsung’s latest brings an excellent design to the table, but falls just short of perfection.
- My cat chewed through my headphone cable: Here’s how I repaired it — Here’s our step-by-step guide on how to repair headphone cables.
- Google joins the dark side: Here’s how to turn on dark mode in Google apps — Here are all the Google apps that officially include dark theme support and how to enable it.
- Here’s how Samsung reportedly fixed the Galaxy Fold — From the display crease to a protective screen layer, Samsung has reportedly made numerous changes to the Galaxy Fold.
- Honor 9X and 9X Pro: All the rumors in one place — The Honor 9X and 9X Pro will launch on July 23. Here’s what we know so far about the mid-range smartphone series!
- What if Google shared its profits off your data with you? — We don’t know how much money your data individually earns Google, but should you get a cut of whatever it is?
Learn more on the Android Authority Podcast
Want to receive the weekly podcast on your device? Subscribe using your favorite player below!
Who wants to win a OnePlus 7 Pro?
Don’t miss these videos
That’s it, folks! We’ll have another giveaway and more top Android stories for you next week. To stay up to date on all things Android Authority in the meantime, be sure to subscribe to our newsletters at the link below.