Affiliate links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
This week in Android: Black Friday discounts and Samsung's Android 10 roadmap
This week featured some incredible deals for Black Friday, and it’s not too late to get in on the action. There are huge discounts on smartphones, smartwatches, laptops, and more, so be sure to check out our Black Friday coverage for the best deals!
There was also some good news for Samsung fans, as the official roadmap for the Galaxy Android 10 rollout was released. Owners of Galaxy S9 and S10 devices can expect the update in early 2020, along with a plethora of improvements to Samsung’s One UI Android skin.
Samsung’s upcoming Galaxy S11 lineup was also in the news this week, with renders of the Galaxy S11 Plus hitting the web. There aren’t too many surprises here, other than a camera layout that’s… interesting, to say the least. Even so, Samsung’s 2020 lineup looks to be a winner among our readers.
Here are the top 10 Android stories of the week
- Black Friday 2019: a roundup of all the best deals — Black Friday 2019 is here! Here are the best deals on everything from smartphones to laptops and more!
- Lenovo Chromebook C340 review: You get what you pay for — The Lenovo Chromebook C340 is a versatile device that doesn’t cost a lot. It nails the basics, but still falls short.
- Lenovo Smart Display 7 review: Just right — The Lenovo Smart Display 7 is a solid alternative to Google’s Nest Hub. Does anything set them apart? We have the answers.
- Huami Amazfit GTS review: Almost there, but not quite — The Amazfit GTS has a vibrant display and impressive battery life, but inconsistencies are the bane of its existence.
- Beats Solo Pro review: The Beats to beat — These noise-cancelling Beats headphones are outstanding with a few painful drawbacks.
- Google can completely shut down your Google account: Here’s the info you need — When you think about how much “Google” is in your life, an account ban is everyone’s nightmare
- Toys and jewels, or why I love the Pixel 4’s design — The Pixel 4 feels like a toy, and that, my friends, is the best thing about it. Let me explain.
- Snapseed tutorial: How to edit a photo with your smartphone — Snapseed is among the best mobile photo editors, but figuring out how to use it can be tricky. Let us guide you through it!
- Staff Picks: 8 things Ryan-Thomas Shaw uses every day — Here are eight things that Ryan-Thomas uses on the daily.
- Toddler vs tech: 5 horrifying things that have happened to my tech toys — There’s just something about tech toys that brings out a young child’s destructive powers.
Learn more on the Android Authority Podcast
This week we published two episodes of the podcast. In the first, we discussed the week’s news, including Deadpool actor Ryan Reynolds’ purchase of Mint Mobile and improvements to Android Auto.
In the second episode, we ran through some of our favorite deals from Black Friday 2019.
Want to receive the weekly podcast on your device? Subscribe using your favorite player below!
Who wants to win a ZTE Axon 10 Pro?
This week, we’re giving away a brand new ZTE Axon 10 Pro smartphone. Enter this week’s Sunday giveaway for your chance to win!
Don’t miss these videos
That’s it, folks! We’ll have another giveaway and more top Android stories for you next week. To stay up to date on all things Android Authority in the meantime, be sure to subscribe to our newsletters at the link below.