Links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
We asked, you told us: Most people think the Galaxy S11 line is hot
I’ll be honest: I don’t love the look of the Samsung Galaxy S11, or the Galaxy S11 Plus, or the Galaxy S11e. Now, I don’t 100% know what the devices will end up looking like, but if the leaked CAD renders are anything to go by, the next Galaxy phones will have big rectangular camera bumps and curved edges around the sides.
I’m just one person though, which is why I asked you last week if you thought the Galaxy S11 is shaping up to be hot or not.
Samsung Galaxy S11, S11 Plus, and S11e: Hot or not?
Out of nearly 1,200 total votes, 55.9% of voters said the Galaxy S11 line is hot, while 44.1% aren’t feeling the look. I can’t say I’m surprised — I’m not a huge fan of their aesthetics so far, but I know a lot of my colleagues are fine with the way they look.
Of the folks who voted “Not,” many of them gave us their reasons why in the comments section (see below). Android Authority readers clearly don’t want Samsung to copy Apple.
Here are some of the best comments from last week’s poll explaining why they voted the way that they did:
- They copied the new Huawei Honor.
- samsung once again copying apple and now copying google who had copied apple
- Not even warm.Still waiting for the gimmick du jour to be battery life.
Curved screens sucked in 2016. They suck less today, simply because they curve less. They will have zero-suck when they are flat
120 hz refresh is a gimmick. Just like 90 hz refresh was. But they both kill the battery
Tired of big phones.Small phone, great battery life. No curved screen. Time for the 11 pro??I keep resisting, but i am getting tired of making excuses for google and their OEMs
- Yay, the power button isn’t ridiculously high this year. Although I don’t know why it has to have so many cameras. What’s wrong with simply having a single camera and relying on digital zoom like the good old days? Also I don’t like how all the models have curved screens although it’s more subtle this year. We’ll see if it’s better.
- Stop. Copying. APPLE.
- Absolutely not. That camera layout is ugly… My S10 looks 1000 times better
That’s it for this week, everyone. As always, thanks for voting, thanks for the comments, and don’t forget to let us know what you thought of the results below!