Way back in June of 2016, the Snapchat app got a major update, adding the Memories feature to the social networking service. Before the update, you were able to upload photos to Snapchat, along with videos. Those images and clips then disappeared fairly quickly, with no way to check them out after they left, unlike other services like Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter.
The Memories feature allowed users to save any of their smartphone videos or pictures to a special section of the Snapchat app, along with any of their previous Snaps made with the app. They can use that content to help create new Snapchat Stories. Users could also send anything saved in Memories to their friends, or they can reserve anything they don’t want to be seen by anyone else to a My Eyes Only section.
You may be wondering just how you can upload photos to Snapchat Memories, along with videos. In this article, we will tell you exactly how to do just that.
Read more: How to use Snapchat for Android
How to open Memories
If you are unfamiliar with the Snapchat app, here’s how to get started saving those photos or videos by opening up the Memories feature:
- Launch the Snapchat app. You should see the camera page at launch. Navigate to it if you don’t.
- Tap on the small icon that’s located to the left of the camera button.
- You should see a new tab called Memories appear. If you are new to Memories, this tab should be completely blank, as shown in the screenshot below. If you have already saved any of your Snaps from the app, it should show you a grid showing off that content.
How to upload photos to Snapchat Memories, and videos too
It’s pretty darn easy to save any photos or videos stored on your smartphone to Memories:
- In the Memories section, tap on the Camera Roll tab. The app might ask for your permission to access your phone’s Camera Roll, and of course, you should agree to this if you want to save your content.
- Pick one of your photos or videos that can be saved to Snapchat Stories or sent to a friend.
- You can edit your Snap by clicking on the pencil icon.
- Tap the Send button. You can also export it.
The other option is to create a new Snapchat Story with your saved image or video. To do that, tap on the Send to button at the bottom right while still in editing mode. You should see a list of options, including My Story. Tap on that, select any more photos or videos you want to use in the Story (if any), and they will be saved and added to your Story.
Read more: Best apps like Snapchat