Links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
Samsung Rewards: What are they, and how can you use them?
Once an essential part of Samsung Pay, Samsung Rewards has broken apart from the mobile contactless payment application. Samsung Pay now uses a separate feature dubbed Samsung Cashback Awards. What happened to Samsung Rewards, though?
It turns out Samsung’s points-earning system is still alive and kicking. It has become Samsung’s own way to reward customers outside the mobile payments app Samsung Pay. Today, we’ll go over everything you can do with Samsung Rewards and how you can earn them. Let’s jump right in!
What is Samsung Rewards?
Samsung Rewards has become the manufacturer’s way to reward loyal customers and users who frequently take advantage of the company’s services. Think of it as a loyalty program of sorts, but for all things Samsung.
How to earn Samsung Rewards points
There are a lot of ways to earn points for rewards. Let’s go over them.
- Samsung purchases: The most obvious and straightforward way to earn Samsung Rewards points is by making purchases straight from the manufacturer. Customers get four points for every dollar spent on higher-end TVs, appliances, and accessories. It’s also possible to earn two points for every dollar spent on mobile devices, computers, wearables, UHD TVs, and home theater products.
- Galaxy Store gaming: Samsung seems to be making a big push on its Galaxy Store. This is one of the best and easiest ways to get Samsung Rewards points. Users will earn three points for every dollar spent on Galaxy Store games. These gaming rewards are infinite, and users also get access to exclusive offers and features.
- Samsung Money by SoFi: OK, so technically, you can still get Samsung Rewards points for spending. You have to do it through Samsung Money by SoFi. This is an online bank and spending service provided by Samsung in partnership with large banking and investing platform SoFi.
- Gift cards: Another way to get points indirectly using Samsung Pay, is by purchasing gift cards. You’ll earn points for certain gift card purchases.
- Referrals: Referral programs are all the rage these days, and Samsung seems to be joining the word-of-mouth marketing strategy. You can refer friends to Samsung, and they’ll get a 5% discount. Your reward? That would be up to $1,000 in rewards! Crazy, right?
- Random actions: Samsung will occasionally throw points at you for doing small things. For instance, a couple of years ago, they gave people 1,000 points to make Samsung Internet Browser their default browser. These are rare, but they’re usually easy and earn you points quickly. You can generally find random ways to earn Samsung Rewards using the Samsung Members app.
The system is obviously baited to encourage you to spend money on promotional offers and Samsung’s website. In fact, it’s functionally impossible to get really good rewards if you rely solely on basic earning methods. Thus, if you want the biggest and best prizes, you’ll have to buy stuff from Samsung.com or score as many promotional offers as possible.
How to use your points
You can redeem your points at Samsung.com or through the Shop Samsung app. All you have to do is sign into your Samsung account and go through the standard purchase method. You’ll be able to use your points during checkout to pay for qualified products either fully or partially.
Samsung Pay Rewards points are helpful for people who already love and use Samsung devices and services. Like most rewards programs, you only get the excellent stuff if you really engage with the platform, but you can get some neat things if you are already invested in the ecosystem. It might be a good way to get certain accessories and even devices, if you can collect enough points.
However, there are other ways to make money (likely more) if you’re not already into the Samsung ecosystem. Check out our list of the best money-making apps around.