Affiliate links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
We asked, you told us: The Galaxy S10 is a better buy than the LG G8
As expected, the Samsung Galaxy S10 series received positive reviews when the handsets were released. At long last, the LG G8 is available for preorder and will soon hit the market to compete with Samsung’s latest and greatest.
So we decided to ask you, would you rather buy the Samsung Galaxy S10 or the LG G8? Here’s what you had to say.
Samsung Galaxy S10 or LG G8 ThinQ?
But the results are indisputable — most buyers prefer the Samsung Galaxy S10 over the LG G8.
On paper, the two handsets aren’t that different. Both devices include headphone jacks, almost identical specs, and a premium build. What makes a difference for most people is their experience with the two companies. While Samsung has a proven track record, LG has been known to drop the ball over time.
Here are some of the best comments from last week’s poll explaining why they voted the way that they did:
- G8 only because I care a lot about audio, but I think the S10 is overall the better phone for most people
- I’ve been burned by two LG smartphones. I’d rather use a literal brick than the bricks my two LG phones turned into
- Both are bloated to high hell, but LG has a worse quality record, agreed. S10 for sure.
- S10 and it’s not even close of a choice for me. Can’t trust LG’s track record.
- LG G8. Same performance and much cheaper. Not to mention audio performance on the LG is amazing, miles apart from Samsung.
- Choosing S10 is a no brainer. The G8 just doesn’t make anything that’s worthy of the high price imo. Even the Mi9 is better than G8.
- I still choose LG, for sounds and camera aspects. V30 user here. I much prefer an underdog phones that perform good. Being different is good
- Obviously the s10. Better performance, battery and one ui is much better than lg’ s skin. Although i would want a decent face id.
That’s it for this week, everyone. As always, thanks for voting, thanks for the comments, and don’t forget to let us know what you thought of the results below.