Links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
Several Samsung Galaxy owners swear by this dodgy fingerprint speed hack
A few Samsung Galaxy owners have noticed a little hack that could improve in-display fingerprint scanner unlock speeds. It first surfaced on XDA Developers’ forums, and several users swear their fingerprint scanner is much faster while others haven’t noticed much of a difference. It allegedly works on handsets like the Galaxy S10, Galaxy S20, and Galaxy Note 10 lineups.
Now, we can’t recommend you try this trick yourself. This speed hack isn’t even guaranteed to work, and messing with device settings like this can lead to a broken handset.
But if you are willing to take the risk, it only takes a few steps. Here’s how:
- Open your device Settings.
- Search for Optimize battery usage in the settings search bar and select it.
- Open the top drop-down menu, and select All to see optimized apps.
- Search for com.samsung.android.biometrics.app.settings and toggle to disable this function.
- Reboot your phone and give it a whirl.
If you end up giving this dodgy hack a try, let us know if you notice a difference in the comments below. On the other hand, if you are looking for safer ways to increase your Samsung Galaxy fingerprint unlock speeds, check out our full guide here.