Affiliate links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
We asked, you told us: Most won't be buying the OnePlus 7 Pro
Both phones feature the latest and greatest features, including a pop-up selfie camera on the OnePlus 7 Pro. Unfortunately, all of these new additions add up, making for the most expensive phone from OnePlus to date.
Are you buying the OnePlus 7 or 7 Pro?
Taking a look at the comment section, it appears that most no longer see the value that OnePlus used to offer. Back in the day, the company sold phones that were more on the budget side of the market, so it made sense that the handsets were missing premium features.
Now, though, OnePlus is selling the OnePlus 7 Pro — the only model available in the U.S. — for between $669 and $749. At cost point, the handset is closer in price to premium flagships. For not much more money, customers could buy phones with IP ratings, wireless charging, and better cameras.
Here are some of the best comments from last week’s poll explaining why they voted the way that they did:
- If I were to buy one of these phones it would be the 7 not the Pro, which is too much of a brick for my tastes. My current phone is the Xiaomi POCOphone F1 with SD 845 at a great price, can’t ask for better than that. I don’t care about the highest end specs, I prefer value for money.
- In my country, the Oneplus 7 Pro and the HUAWEI P30 Pro only differ about €80,-, so I’ll choose the better camera with the way better battery!
- This is not the Oneplus I rallied behind. Hopefully, POCO2 is a sensible phone.
OP6 was the last good OnePlus phone. form 6T they are going the Apple way of stupidity by removing the headphone jack.
- They need to make a smaller version, then I’ll consider buying one. Phones are getting way too big to use comfortably with one hand anymore.
- The only thing that the Pro version is bringing to the table is a lower price for these specs which makes it a good deal on T-mobile compared to other similar flagship phones but I would hold off on buying a phone and wait later in the year.
- Would love to have the OnePlus 7 pro. It’s literally everything that I need in a smartphone except for the lack of headphone jack.
- Owning the 6T has brought me no joy, most likely pass.
- I have a mate 20 X, this phone brings nothing to the table worth buying
That’s it for this week, everyone. As always, thanks for voting, thanks for the comments, and don’t forget to let us know what you thought of the results below.