OnePlus is once again among the first OEMs to release the stable update to the latest Android version, in this case, Android 10.
The official changelog mentions:
- Upgraded to Android 10
- Brand new UI design
- Enhanced location permissions for privacy
- New customization feature in Settings allowing you to choose icon shapes to be displayed in the Quick Settings
- Full Screen Gestures
- Added inward swipes from the left or right edge of the screen to go back
- Added a bottom navigation bar to allow switching left or right for recent apps
- Game Space
- New Game Space feature now joins all your favorite games in one place for easier access and better gaming experience
- Smart display
- Intelligent info based on specific times, locations and events for Ambient Display (Settings – Display – Ambient Display – Smart Display)
- Now possible to block spam by keywords for Message (Messages – Spam – Settings -Blocking settings)
Manu J., OnePlus’ Global Operations Manager, clarified that the update is currently being seeded to a “limited” number of devices picked at random, so using a VPN might not help in this case. This staged rollout will allow the company to identify any major issues with the new software before it hits the bulk of OnePlus 7 and 7 Pro units out there.
As usual, you can try to see if the update is available for you from your Settings menu. We haven’t yet spotted any sources for factory images you can flash, but it’s likely someone will put the new software online sooner rather than later.
OnePlus was fast out of the gate, releasing the first beta of the Android 10 update for the OnePlus 7/Pro on the same day Google officially released Android 10. A second beta rolled out just last week – apparently, it was in good shape, as OnePlus has now followed up with the stable release.
We went hands-on with the beta Android 10 software here, so you know what to expect when it eventually lands on your OnePlus 7 and 7T. Fingers crossed OnePlus doesn’t run into any nasty bugs and the full Android 10 rollout goes out smoothly.