Links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
OnePlus 7 and 7 Pro get second Android 10 open beta, stable can't be far off
Over at the official OnePlus support forums, the company announced that the second open beta of Oxygen OS based on Android 10 is rolling out now to the OnePlus 7 and OnePlus 7 Pro. This new version comes only a few weeks after the first one landed on the first launch day of Android 10 itself.
The update appears to mostly involve bug fixes and small design tweaks. This suggests that Android 10 is pretty much ready for primetime when it comes to the OnePlus 7 and OnePlus 7 Pro.
Check out the official changelog below:
- General bug fixes and stability improvements
- Fixed the crash issue with System UI caused by parallel Whatsapp app
- Fixed the dark screen issue on the lock screen while accessing Games
- Fixed issues with Status Bar not displaying UI elements
- Fixed the crash issue with default OnePlus Gestures
- Re-designed Wi-Fi icon in Quick Settings
- Fixed the crash issue with the Fingerprint Unlock
- Optimized the animation effect when Notification bar is being scrolled upwards
For the sake of clarity, this open beta software of Oxygen OS is based on the final stable version of Android 10. In other words, even though the word “beta” is here, the software itself is very stable as OnePlus spent months working out the major kinks with its Android 10 developer preview program.
The OnePlus 7T is scheduled to launch on September 26 and we fully expect that device to land with Android 10 out-of-the-box. With that in mind, it’s reasonable to assume that we are only weeks away from a stable version of Android 10 to roll out to the OnePlus 7 and OnePlus 7 Pro. We also know that open betas for the OnePlus 6 and OnePlus 6T aren’t far off, so they will get some Android 10 love soon as well.