These include things like the Lift up display, which basically shows you notifications when you pick up the device, and a Gaming do not disturb mode. The update also brings the network speed to the status bar, adds the OnePlus Slate font, and gives you the chance to schedule Night Mode, so you don’t have to turn it on manually every night.
You can expect to see some cosmetic changes as well, as the calling UI, Dash Charge animation, and the photo editor have been redesigned. The company also introduced a camera option that can automatically place the “Shot on OnePlus” watermark on the images you take, so all of your Facebook friends will know what device you’re using. The update also brings a Secure Box to the file manager and contains system stability and battery improvements.
As always, this is a staged rollout, meaning that some of you have already received the update, while others will have to wait for a few more days. You can check to see if you’re one of the lucky ones by heading to Settings > System updates > Check for updates.
Have you received the update yet? Let us know in the comments below.
Previous coverage: Welcome to the OnePlus 3 and OnePlus 3T Android update tracker page. This page covers all major software news for the OnePlus 3 and OnePlus 3T and will be updated regularly with new information.
Unlike our other Android update tracker pages, this article doesn’t contain specific carrier details because the OnePlus 3/3T are sold in the US unlocked. Further, because they tend to receive updates at the same time (or very close together), they’re both appearing in this one article.
We recommend you bookmark this page so you can stay up to date with the very latest updates. Note that we won’t be covering general security patches in our list.
OnePlus 3 and OnePlus 3T Android Nougat update
OnePlus rolled out the final build of Android Nougat to the OnePlus 3 and OnePlus 3T on December 31, hours within its self-imposed New Year deadline. On March 1, OnePlus launched open beta 3 based on Android 7.1.1 Nougat for both devices, before deploying it officially a couple of weeks later with OxygenOS 4.1.0.
OnePlus has since delivered a number of beta updates of the software with various improvements.
OnePlus 3 and OnePlus 3T Update US
|OnePlus 3/3T updates US||Android 6.0.1||Android 7.0||Android 7.1.1||Android 8.0 Oreo|
Number of days it took OnePlus to roll out Android 7.0 Nougat to the OnePlus 3/3T: 131
US OnePlus 3 (A3000) and OnePlus 3T (A3000) update:
- June 7, 2017, The company rolls out the OxygenOS 4.1.5 update that includes new network settings for “select carriers,” adds push notifications from OnePlus with “important information,” and the May 1 Android security patches. As for fixes, OnePlus has addressed an Android Auto connection issue and a storage problem when using 3rd party file managers, as well as a VoLTE issue on certain Jio SIM cards.
- April 14, 2017, OnePlus rolls out the Oxygen 4.1.3 update, bringing many improvements to the OnePlus 3 and 3T including better photo and video capture, plus Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity fixes.
- April 6, 2017, OnePlus confirms touch latency issue has been fixed.
- March 16, 2017, Oneplus brings final Android 7.1.1 software to both handsets with OxygenOS 4.1.0.
- March 1, 2017, OnePlus rolls out open beta 3, based on Android 7.1.1 Nougat, to the OnePlus 3 and 3T.
- December 31, 2016, OnePlus rolls out the stable Android Nougat update to the OnePlus 3 and 3T on OxygenOS.
Europe/Asia OnePlus 3 (A3003/A3000) and OnePlus 3T (A3003/A3010) update:
- February 18, 2017, OnePlus brings Android Nougat to HydrogenOS in version 3.0.
If you’ve received an update we’ve missed, hit the comments below or Tip Us!