Affiliate links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
We asked, you told us: Most prefer the Galaxy S10 Plus over the HUAWEI P30 Pro
HUAWEI officially announced the P30 Pro this week, introducing the Galaxy S10 Plus’ first real competition of 2019. Both handsets feature top-of-the-line specs, impressive camera performance, and a premium price tag.
With this in mind, we decided to ask you if you’d rather pick up Samsung’s latest and greatest or HUAWEI’s. Here is what you had to say.
HUAWEI P30 Pro or Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus?
It was a pretty cut and dry poll across the site, Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube. With over 50,000 votes, 60 percent of the voters would rather own and use the Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus over the HUAWEI P30 Pro.
According to the comment section, most people valued Samsung’s overall performance. While a lot of voters agreed that HUAWEI’s camera setup would likely outperform Samsung’s, the Galaxy line has a reputation of being a lot more reliable than the P series.
Additionally, it appears as though most who shared their opinion are liking Samsung’s new One UI. Compared to HUAWEI’s EMUI, One UI is fresh, fast, doesn’t limit an app’s background performance, and is made for larger phones.
Here are some of the best comments from last week’s poll explaining why they voted the way that they did:
- S10 Plus. All of the features that most people would want are right there and they made the Samsung experience even better.
- how about ‘NOTCH interested’?! (in case you didn’t get it, neither of those)
- Neither. Phones are getting so monotonous. It’s the same thing in every phone these days
- Everything aside, EMUI sux
- Only thing good is the camera. Everything else, S10+ is much much better.
- Samsung all the way. Not touching HUAWEI, don’t trust them.
- The S10+ is a much better phone overall. (Build quality, components quality, the display, headphone jack, features, etc.) The camera alone isn’t enough to make that HUAWEI phone as good as the Galaxy.
- HUAWEI does have the best cameras, but Samsung has better UI, UX, better screen, Dex and it’s own VR superpowers.
That’s it for this week, everyone. As always, thanks for voting, thanks for the comments, and don’t forget to let us know what you thought of the results below.