Huawei Mate 10 Pro pre-orders are now open in the US ahead of a February 18th release date, meaning buyers won’t have long to wait until Android Authority’s Best of Android 2017 winner is finally in their hands.
As great as the Mate 10 Pro already is, Huawei is apparently keen on making it even greater. Today, the Chinese giant started rolling out a new update for Mate 10 and Mate 10 Pro users in its native region that includes a handful of welcome app optimizations and bug fixes.
The new OTA update (version 22.214.171.124) carries the build number SP1C00 and is currently exclusive to the Chinese variants of the Mate 10 (ALP-AL00) and the Mate 10 Pro (BLA-AL00). A wider rollout is likely in the pipeline in the near future.
Aside from region-specific improvements to Tencent’s WeChat app, the optimizations are generally minor tweaks that enhance the user experience and power consumption. Here’s what to expect as per the changelog (via The Android Soul):
- Optimizes Camera and the Navigation dock.
- Optimizes the Beauty feature by adding special touches based on the genders of the photographed subjects.
- Optimizes the accessibility of the Navigation dock, which can now be used in Ultra power saving mode and the notification panel.
- Optimizes the system power consumption by controlling the consumption of third-party apps.
- Simplifies the operation of the status bar (tapping on it to return to the call screen is supported).
The fixes, meanwhile, focus on WLAN connectivity niggles, automatic time zone updates, and an irritating-sounding issue with the main Camera app:
- Fixes an issue where a hidden WLAN with strong signal could not be connected to.
- Fixes an issue where time zones could not be automatically updated according to location for certain carrier SIMs in countries with multiple time zones.
- Fixes an issue where music being played over in-car Bluetooth couldn’t be paused.
- Fixes an issue where Kaiseda K8 Locks couldn’t be connected to.
- Fixes an issue where Camera would occasionally fail to open or display a black screen shortly after opening.