So you got yourself a new Fitbit. Fitness trackers can be excellent for gauging progress and optimizing your training schedule as you get started on your fitness journey. However, before that you’ll need to pair your Fitbit and set it up with your phone. Whether it’s the latest Sense, Versa 3, or a Charge 4, the steps are basically the same. Here’s a guide on how to set up Fitbit devices so you can get up and running in no time!
How to download the Fitbit app on your phone
- Head to the Google Play Store on your phone.
- Search for the Fitbit app.
- Tap the install button just like any other app.
How to set up a Fitbit account
- Open the Fitbit app and log in.
- If you are new to the Fitbit ecosystem, tap Join Fitbit to create a new account.
- Select the fitness tracker you are setting up; we’re setting up the Fitbit Versa 2 in this example. On the next screen, tap the “Set up your Fitbit Versa 2” button (or whichever device you’ve selected) to continue the registration process.
- Enter your email address and a unique password.
- Tap “I Agree” to proceed.
- You will now need to enter your personal data so the tracker can provide fine-tuned analytics. Once completed, tap “Create an account.”
How to pair a Fitbit
- Fitbit recommends you charge your fitness tracker during the setup process. Continue tapping next.
- Make sure your phone has Bluetooth toggled on. Your Fitbit will display a four-digit code. Enter that in the app to proceed.
- Depending on the tracker you are using, you might be asked to connect your watch to Wi-Fi.
- Tap “Next” and the app will check for the latest firmware version for your fitness tracker. This may take a while.
How to sync your Fitbit
- Once the update is done, you will be guided through some basic steps on how to use your Fitbit.
- The next step is to link the Fitbit app with your fitness tracker.
- The app will sync with your tracker periodically to update the latest stats.
- If you want to force a sync with your tracker, you can do so by pulling down on the home screen in the app.
That’s it! You are now ready to track your fitness stats and start working towards your fitness goals. If you have any questions on how to set up Fitbit devices, let us know in the comments.