Affiliate links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
How to take screenshots on Motorola devices
Motorola has plenty of phones under its banner, from its latest Moto G Stylus to the foldable Moto Razr and the flagship Motorola Edge. But if you’re only just hopping aboard the brand’s device train, you’ll probably want to know how to accomplish basic tasks. Snagging screen content is one of them. Below, we’ll detail how you can capture screenshots on Motorola devices.
Also read: How to take screenshots on Android
The simplest way to take a screenshot on Motorola phones is to hold the power and volume buttons down simultaneously. Read more below for details.
JUMP TO YOUR PREFERRED METHOD
Use your phone’s buttons
Like Android devices from Samsung, OnePlus, and other manufacturers, you can use the buttons on your Motorola phone to quickly initiate a screenshot. This is the most well-known screenshot method. To do this:
- Briefly hold down the power and volume down keys simultaneously.
- Once the screen flashes, let go of both buttons.
You can also use the phone’s power button to bring up a shortcut.
- Press and hold your phone’s power button. A shortcut dialog will appear.
- Tap the Screenshot icon to capture content on your display.
Use the recent apps shortcut
Motorola places a Screenshot shortcut on some devices when you open the recent items menu. To access it:
- If you’re using gesture navigation, draw a line from the bottom to the middle of the screen with a finger. This will open the recent items menu. Using the three-button navigation method, tap the square recent items menu button.
- Scroll horizontally through the screens. When you find something you wish to screenshot, tap the screenshot button beneath it.
- If the dialog is greyed out, the app will not allow you to capture a screenshot.
Use a gesture
If the button method is too laborious, you can also snag screen content using a simple gesture. You may need to enable it first, though. To do this:
- Open your phone’s Settings > Display > Advanced > Three-finger screenshot. Toggle it on.
- Once activated, find the content you wish to capture.
- Swipe down with three fingers from the top of the display to take a screenshot.
Capture long screenshots
Do you want to include more content beyond that displayed on your screen? You can also take a long screenshot on Motorola phones. To do this:
- Take a screenshot using one of the methods above.
- Once the screenshot dialog appears, tap the double down arrow icon below the screenshot preview.
- The phone will now display a “processing” dialog while scrolling the screen to progressively capture it. You can touch Stop to halt the process at any time.
Use a voice assistant
Finally, Google Assistant can also snap screenshots on your behalf if your hands are full. To initiate a screenshot using Google’s voice assistant:
- Find the content you wish to capture.
- Activate Google Assistant by saying Hey Google.
- Then say, Take a screenshot.
You’ll find your screenshots in your Gallery app. Head to Albums, find the Screenshots folder and scroll through the screenshots you’ve taken. In Google Photos for instance, the folder will be located in your Library.
You can tap the Edit icon in the screenshot dialog after capturing the screenshot, or access it later in the Screenshots folder.
You can quickly share screenshots directly after capturing them by tapping the Share option in the screenshot dialog. Alternatively, you can share the image from within your desired app as you would any other file or photo.
You now know how to take screenshots on a Motorola device. If you have any questions or have an additional method, drop a comment below.