Sometimes when you receive a text message on your phone, you would like to send that text to someone else. Perhaps you need to let others know that a friend is coming over for dinner, or perhaps you need to inform others of a change in your schedule? Want to know how to forward a text message? It’s actually pretty easy.
The good news is that, for Android devices, its pretty simple to forward text messages to others, and we will let you know exactly how to do just that. This method works for the stock Android Messages, but other smartphones with their own apps should work in the same way for forwarding messages.
Foward a text message to someone else
- The first, and obvious, thing to do is to find the text message that you want to forward.
- Then you just tap and hold on that message showing on your phone’s display.
- Once the message is selected, tap on the three vertical dots icon at the top right.
- Then tap on “Forward.”
- A list of everyone you have recently received or sent a message to appears on a list. Tap on a name and you can forward the message to them.
- If you want to forward the message to a new number or another contact, tap on “New Message.” Select or search for a contact.
- If you want, you can also add some text of your own to the original message you wish to send out.
- Finally. when you are ready to forward the message, tap on the send (right arrow icon) SMS button.
That’s really all there is to it. Were you successful in forwarding a text message with this method?
How to set up call forwarding on Android
Okay, now you know how to forward text messages, but how does Android call forwarding work? Here’s a guide on how to forward a call on Android that should clear up this question as well.