One of the first things to do when you get a new Chromebook is to customize it by changing the wallpaper. It’s so easy anyone could do it — and it only takes a minute or two. You can either use a custom Chromebook wallpaper or opt for one of the wallpapers already available on the device. Here’s how to do it.
How to set a custom Chromebook wallpaper
The first step it to make sure the image you want to use as your Chromebook wallpaper is saved on the device. If it’s not, find a great wallpaper online and download it to your Chromebook.
Read next: How to take a screenshot on Chromebook
Once that’s sorted out, click the circular Launcher icon in the bottom-left corner of your screen and then expand the window by clicking the up arrow — as shown in the screenshot above. Find and open “Files”, click “Downloads”, and locate the image you want to use as your Chromebook wallpaper. Then just right-click the image, select the “Set wallpaper” option, and you’re done.
Step-by-step instructions on how to change wallpaper on Chromebook (custom wallpapers):
- Download an image you want to use as your Chromebook wallpaper from the web.
- Click the circular Launcher icon in the bottom-left corner of the screen.
- Click the up arrow.
- Find and open Files.
- Click Downloads and locate the image you want to use as your Chromebook wallpaper.
- Right-click the image and select the Set wallpaper option.
Go with a pre-installed Chromebook wallpaper
Choosing a pre-installed Chromebook wallpaper is even easier and faster than opting for a custom one. Start by right-clicking on your desktop (here’s how to right-click, if you don’t know) and selecting the “Set wallpaper” option. After that, click an image you like to set it as your wallpaper. If you don’t know which one to go with, check the box next to “Surprise me” and your device will choose a wallpaper for you and show you a new one every now and then.
Step-by-step instructions on how to change wallpaper on Chromebook (default wallpapers):
- Right-click on your desktop and select the Set wallpaper option.
- Click on an image you like to set it as your Chromebook wallpaper.
- Alternatively, check the box next to Surprise me and your device will choose the wallpaper for you.
Sync your wallpaper across Chromebook devices
You can sync your Chromebook wallpaper (as well as settings) across multiple Chrome OS devices. This will ensure you will already have your wallpaper whenever you log into a Chromebook using your Google account.
- Select the Time/account section in the bottom-right corner.
- Select the gear icon to enter the settings.
- Find the People section.
- Select Sync and Google services.
- Choose Manage sync.
- Select what you want to sync, or pick Sync everything.
There you have it — that’s how you can change the wallpaper on your Chromebook. Do you usually stick with pre-installed wallpapers or opt for custom ones? Let us know in the comments!