Links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
How to change your Apple Watch face
Once you learn how to change your Apple Watch face, switching it up takes no time at all. Plan a week’s worth of watches to fit your wardrobe, or swap on a whim to match your mood. Keep tabs on your rings with a fitness-focused design, daydream about your last vacation with the Photos face, or stay on top of tasks with the Siri option. Your Apple Watch offers a range of faces so you can find the focus that’s right for you.
Read more: Apple Watch buyer’s guide
To change your Apple Watch face, swipe left or right from your current face or long-press on your current face and swipe through the choices previously added to your device.
JUMP TO KEY SECTIONS
How to change your Apple Watch face
Changing your Apple Watch face is simple. Just swipe left or right to select an alternative face from your gallery. Alternatively, you can follow the directions below for more customization.
- Long-press on your current watch face to open your face gallery.
- Swipe left or right to browse the available watch faces.
- Tap Edit under the watch face you want to use to make any changes to your complications or details. Then push on your Digital Crown to return to the gallery.
- Tap on the face you would like to use or push again on your Digital Crown to leave the gallery and begin using the new face.
How to add new faces to your Apple Watch
With fully customizable options, you can switch it up as often as you want, choosing new designs, colors, and complications. You can add a new face to your Apple Watch right from your wrist with just a few taps.
- Long-press your current watch face to open your face gallery.
- Swipe to the right and tap the plus sign under New.
- Use your Digital Crown to scroll through the available options and tap Add on the face you would like to use. You will be able to make selections to various details and complications depending on which face you choose.
If you prefer working on a larger screen, select a new watch face and add it to your device from the Watch app on your paired iPhone.
- Open the Watch app on your paired iPhone and tap Face Gallery at the bottom of the screen.
- Scroll through the many available options and tap on a face you would like to add.
- Edit the face by tapping the selections you want from each available customization. These options will vary from design to design.
- Tap Add when finished, and the new face will appear under My Faces in the My Watch tab and on your Apple Watch.
Read more: The best Apple Watch bands you can buy
Q: Can you buy Apple Watch faces?
A: While Apple does not technically allow the purchase of third-party watch faces, there are several apps you can find in the App store to further customize your Apple Watch face and complications.
Q: Why isn’t my Apple Watch face changing?
A: Your Apple Watch face may not change if you add a new face from the Watch app, but your device and iPhone are not syncing. Try closing and reopening the Watch app on your paired iPhone. If that does not work, try restarting both devices.
Q: Why does my Apple Watch face keep changing?
A: If your Apple Watch face keeps changing unexpectedly, likely, you are accidentally swiping left or right throughout the day. Swiping from edge to edge on your current watch face will change the face of your device to a different option in your face gallery.
Q: How do I delete a face from my Apple Watch?
A: To delete a face you no longer want, long press on the watch face to open it within your face gallery, swipe up and tap Remove. You can also remove faces from your gallery in the Watch app on your paired iPhone.