Affiliate links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
How to hide likes on Facebook
When you like or react to a Facebook post, that information becomes available to the masses. Anyone who can see that post can see who responds to it and how many reactions it has accumulated. You can either choose to limit who can see the post or opt not to display that information. Here’s how to hide likes on Facebook.
To hide likes on Facebook, go to Menu > Settings > Profile settings > Reaction preferences. Under Hide number of reactions, tap the toggle for On your posts.
JUMP TO KEY SECTIONS
How to hide your posts’ likes on Facebook (Desktop)
When you are on the Facebook website in your desktop browser, follow these steps:
- Click on your profile picture or account in the top right corner.
- From the dropdown menu, select Settings & privacy. Then click Settings.
- In settings, select Privacy.
- Once you are in Privacy section, click on Reaction preferences. Then, click On your posts toggle under Hide number of reactions.
Tips to control your Feed on Facebook
- Snooze content: To temporarily hide posts from a specific person, page, or group in your Feed, click the three dots button in the top right corner of their post and select Snooze [Name] for 30 days. This action will prevent their posts from appearing in your Feed for 30 days.
- Adjust Feed preferences: Adjust what you see on Facebook by modifying your Feed preferences. Navigate to Settings and privacy, click on Feed, and alter the options as desired to personalize your Facebook experience.
- Set favorites: Prioritize posts from your closest friends or favorite pages. You can select up to 30 friends and pages to add to your Favorites. Their posts will then appear higher in your Feed. To set this up, go to Settings and privacy > Feed > Favorites.
How to hide your posts’ likes on Facebook (Android & iOS)
- Tap the circular Menu icon located at the bottom right of the Facebook app.
- Scroll down to Settings&privacy section and tap on Settings from the dropdown menu.
- In Settings, select Reaction preferences.
- Tap on the On your posts toggle under Hide number of reactions.
How to hide your page likes on personal Facebook account
You cannot hide all your past likes and reactions to posts at once. However, you can hide the pages as the following steps here:
- Click on your profile.
- Select More and click on Likes from the dropdown menu.
- Click the three-dot button (⋯) in the Likes section and select Edit the Privacy of Your Likes.
- A list of different genres of pages will appear, click on the world icon next to a genre you want to adjust and select Only me and then, Save.
In terms of who can see your posts, that is entirely up to your privacy and restricted settings. By default, only people who are your friends and followers can see the content you post to your profile — as well as the like and reaction count. When you like a page or post on Facebook, that reaction will be recorded on that post. Everyone who can see that post can see that you liked it.
No, you can’t hide you page likes directly from your mobile application but you can do it by using the browser.
Yes, but you will not see any reaction on their posts and only they can see if you wish to, go to Setting and privacy>Settings>Reaction preferences>click On posts from others.