Affiliate links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
Tech Entrepreneur Nanodegree helps developers turn apps into business (it can be free)
You may be able to make amazing apps, but it takes a special set of skills to effectively get your content into some of those 1 billion+ active Android users around the world. There’s over 1.6 million Android apps in the Google Play Store (according to Statista), so the competition is fierce and you need to be able to stand out.
Sadly, many of us tech geeks are not great at business, something Google is trying to fix with its newest educational program for developers. Offered in collaboration with Udacity, the Tech Entrepreneur Nanodegree is meant to educate developers on everything that goes into making an app successful. The program taps into design, validation, creating a prototype, monetizing, marketing app ideas and more.
How do I sign up?
Want to kick your business off? Google and Udacity can have you certified in 4-7 months, with tuition amounting to $200 a month (after a free week trial). This fee will grant you access to all the courses, coaches, guidance, career counseling, a certificate and even the chance to pitch your application to “venture capitalists at Google”. The latter is exclusive to top graduates, though.
Here’s the kicker: as it goes with other Nanodegree programs, you can get half your tuition back if you graduate before 12 months. This is pretty much a steal, as the classes are said to last much less than a year! But the craziest part is that the tuition fees are only necessary for those who actually want the certificate and all the added support. Those who only seek the value in knowledge provided by these courses can take all the classes for free!
Taking the courses with no charges
You read that right! You can gain all the knowledge without paying a penny. All the courses in the Tech Entrepreneur Nanodegree can be found at Udacity’s website… completely free of charge.
- Product Design: Learn Google’s Design Sprint methodology, Ideation & Validation, UI/UX design and gathering the right metrics.
- Prototyping: Experiment with rapid-low and high-fidelity prototyping on mobile and the web using online tools.
- Monetization: Learn how to monetize your app and how to set up an effective payment funnel.
- App Marketing: Understand your market, analyze competition, position your product, prepare for launch, acquire customers and learn growth hacks.
- How to get your startup started: Find out whether you really need venture capital funding, evaluate build vs. buy, and learn simple ways to monitor and maintain your startup business effectively.
Wrapping it up!
Whether you are interested in the actual Nanodegree or not, we can’t deny these are some great tools Google is offering developers. The Search Giant also announced their Android Nanodegree for aspiring developers, and now they are helping app makers put all that coding knowledge to good use.
Are any of you guys enrolling? If you are, make sure you do so before October 26th at 11:59 AM ET, which is when enrollment closes.