Affiliate links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
Inside Google Play: These are the top trending apps and games in August 2016
With so many new app and game announcements every month, it can be a little difficult keeping track of them all. Application developers are constantly trying to create ‘The Next Big Thing’, but a lot of the time the finished products get lost in the congested app space.
If you’ve been wondering what are the hottest apps and games of the month, we’ve got you covered. Here are the apps that are trending on Google Play in August 2016:
- Prisma: Turn a selfie into a portrait or make a snapshot look like a still life painting.
- ESPN Fantasy Football: Android users are getting psyched for the NFL season with ESPN’s Fantasy Football app.
- Canvas: The one-stop-shop for back-to-school planning is filled with tools for course assignments, scheduling assistance, and so much more that has this app trending in the Google Play store.
- Google Duo: Google Duo, the fast and reliable way to video chat with friends near and far. Since launching, Duo was
So there’s a look at what’s been trending, but what about the apps that are on their way to the Play Store? According to the latest Google Play monthly newsletter, we can expect Anchor.fm, The League and Quartz apps to all launch on Google Play sometime soon.
Interested in learning more about the hottest games on the market? Here are the most popular new games of August 2016:
- Mobius Final Fantasy by Square Enix
- Rio 2016 Olympic Games by Neowiz Games
- Lego Star Wars: TFA by Warner Brothers
- Flip Diving by Miniclip.com
- Steppy Pants by S Games Pty Ltd
So that was a quick look at the latest and greatest games out now on Google Play. Have you used any of these apps or games? What new titles are you most looking forward to coming in the near future? Be sure to speak up in the comments below!