Affiliate links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
Google Play Award Winners 2017: Google picks the best apps and games of the last year
Google announced the nominations for its Play Store awards about a month ago, putting the spotlight on some of Google Play’s hottest titles from the past year. As I/O 2017 winds down, Google has now revealed the winners.
Google whittled down the 57 finalists to choose the best app or game across 12 categories — and the winners include some familiar faces. Android power-user favorite IFTTT (If This, Then That) won the award for Best Accessibility Experience, while Hearthstone, perhaps somewhat predictably, won Best Multiplayer Game (Blizzard is really killing it with that one).
Indie game Mushroom 11 picked an award for standout Indie title, adding to the pile it has already received, while language learning app Memrise was the overall best app winner.
Check out the full list below find them in the Play Store at the links:
- Best TV Experience: Red Bull TV (free)
- Best VR Experience: Virtual Virtual Reality ($8.99)
- Best AR Experience: Woorld (free)
- Best Android Wear Experience: Runtastic Running & Fitness (free)
- Best App: Memrise (free)
- Best App For Kids: Animal Jam – Play Wild! (free)
- Best Game: Transformers: Forged to Fight (free)
- Best Multiplayer Game: Hearthstone (free)
- Best Accessibility Experience: IFTTT (free)
- Best Social Impact: ShareTheMeal (free)
- Standout Indie: Mushroom 11 ($4.99)
- Standout Startup: Hooked (free)
What do you think is the best Play Store app or game of the past year? Give us your thoughts in the comments.