Links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
How to edit activities and workouts in Garmin Connect
Once you’ve completed a workout or activity, you might want to go back and edit some details. This may include trimming the final few minutes you forgot to end the workout or the initial warmup. Whatever your motives, you can easily edit workouts and activities after the fact using Garmin Connect. Here’s how to do it.
To edit activities in Garmin Connect, open the app, head to the Activities section, select All Activities, find the activity you wish to edit, then tap Edit Activity.
JUMP TO KEY SECTIONS
How to edit an activity in Garmin Connect
- Open Garmin Connect
- Tap the three-line menu icon at the top right
- Select Activities > All Activities
- Find and select the activity you wish to edit
- Tap the three-dot icon at the top right, then select Edit Activity
- Select Save
What activity details can I edit?
We hinted in the intro that you can adjust your activity duration, but that isn’t the only detail you can tweak.
- Name: Give the activity a title.
- Notes: Add any text notes to the activity you desire.
- Activity type: Change the workout type. For instance, you may want to reclassify a run as a walk or street running as an ultra run.
- Time of Day
- How Did You Feel?: Add a self-evaluation of your condition during the activity. The five options available range from Very Weak to Very Strong.
- Perceived Effort: Rate the workout in terms of effort on a 0-10 scale, with 10 being the maximum effort.
- Time: Total duration.
- Trim Activity: You can adjust the start and end times of the activity. This will, in turn, adjust distance, pace, and total time figures.
- Privacy: Allow friends to see the activity or limit its visibility.
- Event Type: You can add those details here if the activity occurred during a race or geocaching adventure.
- Show More Data: Tap this section to access even more fields available for editing, including elevation, cadence, calories, and temperature.
Some activity types do not support trimming. These include diving, cardio, multisport, pilates, rock climbing, and golf.