Links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
The best OnePlus 11 alternatives: 5 phones to consider before you buy
OnePlus released the OnePlus 11 in China roughly a month ago, but we’ve had to wait until now for a global release. Nevertheless, the phone has finally been released outside of China, offering a powerful processor, big battery, super-speedy wired charging, and a slick design.
The OnePlus 11 might not be for everyone though, so we can understand if you’re looking for something a little different. With that in mind, we’re taking a look at the best OnePlus 11 alternatives on the market.
Buying the right OnePlus 11 alternative
The OnePlus 11 brings plenty of horsepower for the price, along with a trio of cameras across varying focal lengths, ultra-fast charging capabilities, and a lengthy update pledge. There are a few phones that play to most of these strengths, with the Galaxy S23 arguably being the best option.
Samsung’s base flagship doesn’t have the biggest battery or fastest wired charging speeds, but it indeed offers a solid price (at least in the US) as well as a supremely powerful processor. The Galaxy S23 also offers similarly versatile cameras, a fantastic update commitment, and feature-filled software.
For a quick rundown of our phone recommendations, see our summary below.
The best OnePlus 11 alternatives
- Samsung Galaxy S23: The base flagship stands out from the OnePlus 11 thanks to a slightly better flagship processor, water resistance, and wireless charging. You also get a flexible triple rear camera system and a great software update pledge. In saying so, it loses out to the OnePlus device when it comes to display resolution, charging speeds, and battery capacity.
- OnePlus 10 Pro: Want a premium OnePlus phone but the OnePlus 11 isn’t scratching that itch? Then the OnePlus 10 Pro is well worth considering. You’re still getting a QHD+ OLED screen, super-fast wired charging, and a big battery. Furthermore, the OnePlus 10 Pro packs wireless charging, which is missing from the new phone. You’re also getting water resistance here, but only if you buy the carrier-locked version.
- Apple iPhone 14: Curious about options outside Android? Then the Apple iPhone 14 is a great starting point. The base model brings tight integration with Apple’s ecosystem, a more pocket-friendly design, wireless charging, and an IP68 rating. But you miss out on fast wired charging speeds, a high refresh rate screen, and a big battery.
- Google Pixel 7: The latest Pixel handset is another phone well worth considering. In fact, we’d say this is second only to the Galaxy S23. The Tensor G2 processor isn’t as powerful as OnePlus 11’s chipset, but it’s perfectly capable and enables a host of AI tricks. Other features worth knowing include a slick take on Android, a long-term update pledge, an IP68 rating, wireless charging support, and a pair of great cameras. Just don’t expect fast charging speeds at all.
- OnePlus 10T: Another OnePlus phone cracks the list, and for good reason. The OnePlus 10T offers a cheaper price tag than the OnePlus 10 Pro but brings great features like a Snapdragon 8 Plus Gen 1 chip, a big battery, and fast wired charging. Unfortunately, this cheaper price does come with several compromises.
Samsung Galaxy S23: The best all-round OnePlus 11 alternative
The Samsung Galaxy S23 was just launched a few days ago, and it definitely makes a strong argument for being the best OnePlus 11 alternative on the list.
Samsung’s latest phone is powered by an overclocked Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 processor, giving it a slight edge over the new OnePlus handset. You’re also getting other extras not found on the OnePlus 11, such as wireless charging and an IP68 rating across the board.
The S23 does lag behind OnePlus when it comes to battery capacity, wired charging speeds, and screen resolution though. But the aforementioned extras as well as a long update pledge and great cameras should go some way to making up for things.
- Best commitment to updates on Android
- Top-notch performance
- Wide availability
- High-quality, versatile cameras
- Wireless charging and water-resistant
- Battery capacity isn’t great
- Relatively slow wired charging speeds
OnePlus 10 Pro: The best OnePlus 11 alternative from OnePlus
Who says you have to go with the latest and greatest? The OnePlus 10 Pro is still a solid pick from the company if you want a OnePlus handset but feel the new device isn’t up to par.
The OnePlus 10 Pro does lag behind the OnePlus 11 in a couple of areas, offering an older but still powerful processor and slower (but still brisk) wired charging. However, the old phone also offers wireless charging, which is missing from the new handset.
Other notable features include an IP68 rating (albeit for carrier-locked versions), a Hasselblad-branded triple camera system, and a 120Hz QHD+ screen. The OnePlus 10 Pro commanded a premium at launch, but it’s seen a few major discounts since then.
- High-quality screen
- Still offers plenty of power
- Big battery
- Fast wired charging
- Wireless charging
- IP68 rating doesn’t apply to unlocked model
- Secondary cameras fall short
Apple iPhone 14: The best OnePlus 11 alternative from Apple
You can do far worse than the Apple iPhone 14 series if you want to explore smartphones outside the Android space, and the base iPhone 14 is probably the best match for the OnePlus 11. The iPhone 14 brings a very capable A15 Bionic processor, Apple’s iOS platform, and tight integration with the company’s hardware and services.
Apple’s cheapest iPhone 14 model does make more than a few concessions though, missing out on a high refresh rate screen, telephoto camera, fast wired charging, and the Dynamic Island cutout. Those expecting two-day battery life might be disappointed too.
Nevertheless, Apple has a reputation for offering a fantastic commitment to software updates. So you should still be getting updates five years from now.
- Access to Apple’s ecosystem
- Fantastic commitment to updates
- Plenty of horsepower
- Good photo quality
- Excellent video quality
- Water resistance and wireless charging support
- Dated design with wide notch
- No telephoto camera
- Mediocre battery life
- Proprietary Lightning port
- No high refresh rate screen
Google Pixel 7: The best bang-for-buck OnePlus 11 alternative
The Pixel 7 series were two of the most well-received Android phones of 2022, and the Pixel 7 in particular makes a great case as a OnePlus alternative.
Google’s Tensor G2 processor isn’t nearly as powerful as the Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 inside the OnePlus 11, but it’s still very capable and enables fantastic AI smarts. This includes offline voice typing, Photo Unblur tech, and Magic Eraser functionality for object erasing.
Google’s phone also stands out thanks to an IP68 rating, wireless charging, plenty of other Pixel-exclusive features, and a long update pledge with timely updates. There are a few areas where the OnePlus 11 is superior though, offering much faster wired charging, a higher quality display, and a telephoto camera. But these omissions are easy to overlook when the Pixel 7 only costs $599.
- Plenty of Pixel-exclusive software features
- Lengthy update commitment
- IP68 rating
- Clean take on Android
- Wireless charging support
- Great camera quality
- Slow wired charging
- No telephoto camera
- Lower quality screen compared to OnePlus 11
OnePlus 10T: The cheapest OnePlus 11 alternative from OnePlus
Another 2022 OnePlus phone makes the list in the form of the OnePlus 10T. And it’s a throwback of sorts to the original OnePlus One, bringing plenty of power at a more affordable price.
The phone doesn’t have the latest and greatest silicon, but the Snapdragon 8 Plus Gen 1 processor is still a very powerful chipset. So games and other demanding tasks should be a breeze. Otherwise, you’re also getting a big battery and ridiculous 150W wired charging speeds.
OnePlus definitely made some compromises here though, ditching wireless charging, water resistance, high-quality cameras, and the trademark alert slider. But it’s certainly worth considering anyway, with deals frequently taking it to $500 or cheaper.
- Good level of horsepower
- Ultra-fast wired charging
- High-quality screen
- Long battery life
- No water resistance
- No wireless charging
- No alert slider
That’s it for our list of the best OnePlus 11 alternatives! Let us know via the comments if we missed any other picks!