Links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
Asus reveals which phones will get Android 9 Pie (Update: Arrives April 15 for some)
Asus didn’t say why the three phones’ Pie rollout was delayed. That said, those who own the Zenfone Max Pro M1 and M2 can test out Pie right now through Asus’ Android Beta Power program.
Original article, February 27, 2019 (5:39PM EST): It hasn’t exactly been a quick Android 9 Pie rollout for Asus, even though it’s been six months since Google rolled out the final stable version of the update. That said, at least Asus made it easier on phone owners and announced an Android 9 Pie upgrade plan for its phones.
Here’s the list of Asus smartphones that will get the update:
- Zenfone 4 Max (ZC554KL)
- Zenfone 4 Selfie (ZD553KL)
- Zenfone 4 Max (ZC520KL)
- Zenfone Live (ZB553KL)
- Zenfone 4 Max (ZB520KL)
- Zenfone Max Plus (M1) Clear Soft Bumper (ZB570TL)
- Zenfone 5Q (ZC600KL)
- Zenfone Live (L1) Clear Soft Bumper (ZA550KZ / ZA551KL)
- Zenfone Max Pro (ZB602KL)
- Zenfone Max Pro (ZB601KL)
- Zenfone Max (M1) Clear Soft Bumper (ZB555KL / ZB556KL)
- Zenfone 5 (ZE620KL)
- Zenfone 5Z (ZS620KL)
- ROG Phone (ZS600KL)
- Zenfone Max Pro (M2) Clear Soft Bumper (ZB631KL/ ZB630KL)
- Zenfone Max (M2) Clear Soft Bumper (ZB633KL / ZB632KL)
Of note is the Zenfone 5Z, which already received its Android 9 Pie update at the end of January. The Zenfone Max Pro M2 also received the update, albeit in beta form and with the inability to downgrade to Android Oreo if something goes wrong.
Asus didn’t say exactly when the devices would get Android 9 Pie, only that they would get the update this year. Asus also didn’t state if it’s prioritizing some handsets over others. We’ll have to wait and see how Asus’ upgrade plan unfolds as we go further into 2019.