Links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
This week in Apple: 2020 iPhones could see RAM boost, plus Black Friday deals
This week in Apple news we heard a rumor related to the amount of RAM that could end up in the 2020 high-end iPhones (which are depicted as concept images above). The 2019 high-end iPhones have just 4GB of RAM, far less than most Android flagships. Even the Google Pixel 4 finally upped the RAM count to 6GB.
Additionally, we also heard about how popular the AirPods Pro allegedly are, a new Apple TV Plus-exclusive show called “Truth Be Told,” and some pretty sweet deals on Apple products for Black Friday (which is, you know, today).
See the Apple news roundup below for all the latest.
The top Apple news stories of the past week:
- 2020 Pro iPhones could finally see RAM bump: For years, even the highest-end iPhones have still had much less RAM than Android flagships. The iPhone 11 Pro and 11 Pro Max have just 4GB each, but that could change in 2020. According to rumors, the iPhone 12 Pro and iPhone 12 Pro Max could see 6GB of RAM.
- People really, really like the AirPods Pro: According to a report from Nikkei Asian Review, demand is so high for the Apple AirPods Pro that the company just doubled its production from one to two million units per month. That’s a lot of AirPods destined to get lost in the subway.
- Speaking of AirPods, there could be bundles on the way: In 2020, you might get some AirPods with your iPhone purchase, according to a new rumor stemming from DigiTimes. However, the rumor is sketchy at best, so don’t bet on it.
- Apple offering up to $200 gift card with Black Friday purchases: If you want to buy a new Apple product from Apple directly, you could be eligible for a free gift card up to $200 if you buy from today through December 2. That’s a sweet perk but keep in mind there are usually better deals on Apple products from third-party retailers.
- Speaking of Black Friday, here are the best Apple deals: We’ve got a huge list of all the best Apple Black Friday deals, but we thought we’d list some highlights here:
- Featurette launched promoting a new Apple-exclusive show: A new featurette promoting a television show exclusive to Apple TV Plus just landed. The crime show is called “Truth Be Told” and stars Octavia Spencer as a podcaster looking to reopen a murder case she helped solve.
Thinking about making the switch?
If you are reading this Apple news article on an iOS device and thinking about making the switch to Android, we have multiple articles and guides that can help you with that process. Despite how it might seem, moving from iOS to Android is easier than ever, and many of the services and systems on iOS have similar or even the same counterparts on Android.
The best place to start would be our guide on how to switch from iPhone to Android, which goes over all the basics. We also have more specific guides, such as how to transfer your calendar from iPhone to Android. We also have app guides that will give you the best alternatives to iOS staples, such as our list of best alternatives to FaceTime on Android.
If you’re looking for a great Android device to replace your iPhone, consult our list of the best Android smartphones available now.