Affiliate links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
Android Authority this week - July 26, 2015
Android fans, this week was all about leaks and rumors. With three hot devices landing over the next weeks, there’s a lot to geek over about! The Galaxy Note 5 now has a reliable launch date attached to its name. A slew of leaks revealed almost everything there is to know about the 3rd generation Moto G, as well as a bunch of details about the next Moto X. We got our first look at the OnePlus 2 and learned a few more details about its camera. Samsung introduced its new flagship tablet series, the Galaxy Tab S2. And finally, Ubik Uno brought something unique to the table, via Kickstarter.
News of the week video
Inside AA HQ
Rumors and leaks are tremendously fun, but it’s important to remember that none of the exciting stuff would be possible without the hard work and technical genius of people working behind the scenes. In this spirit, we at Android Authority want both to celebrate the creativity and skill of Android developers, and to make it easier for you to enter this wonderful world, if you’re so inclined. If you’re an aspiring Android developer or even an experienced one looking to hone your skills, our developer-focused content may help. Also check out our weekly developer newsletter to get resources from across the web straight to your inbox.
Back to what we love most: new devices. Next week sounds like fun! On Monday, OnePlus will unleash into the world its “2016 Flagship Killer”. And yes, that is not a typo! In all seriousness, we’re excited for this device, especially since it looks like it will be just as affordable as the first gen. Motorola’s new Moto G and Moto X are just itching for the spotlight too, and hopefully there are still some surprise left in store. We’re attending both events (Josh in San Francisco, Lanh in New York), so you can expect some mighty fine coverage.
The prize in our weekly giveaway is a living classic. The Galaxy S6 will be remembered as the phone that changed Samsung’s reputation, and now you can stand to win one. Just head over to the sweepstakes page to get your ticket.
The stuff you shouldn’t miss
- Review: Bailey reviews the Meizu M2 Note. His conclusion: two steps forward, one step back
- Impressions: Is the original Tab S still a worthy buy? Nirave weighs in
- Review: It’s been long since we reviewed a compelling Android tablet – the Xperia Z4 tablet changes that
- Review: Do you need to pay a lot for a good phone? Vodafone Smart Ultra 6 proves you don’t
- Impressions: The OnePlus One has shaken the industry: see how it holds one year later
- Feature: Apple Watch has already outshone Android Wear. Why?
- Feature: Machine learning is coming and it’s going to change everything
Top news of the week
Meet the Galaxy Tab S2
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 officially announced: 4:3 SAMOLED, 5.6mm thin, on sale this August
- Opinion: Does the Galaxy Tab S2 have things going for it… or against?
- Galaxy Tab S2 vs Galaxy Tab S: what’s changed?
OnePlus 2 leaks
- OnePlus 2 camera samples go up against the Galaxy S6 and iPhone 6
- Here’s a first look at the OnePlus 2, courtesy of China’s TENAA
- OnePlus 2 shows up running AnTuTu benchmark in video
New Moto G and X are here
- Moto G (2015) leak reveals IPX7 rating
- Moto G 3rd Gen. press images and specs listed on Swiss retailer site
- Leaked Moto X (2015) images suggest front-facing flash and fingerprint in speaker
- Motorola Moto G 2015 specs emerge in leaked promotional video
- Report: Moto X (2015) will come in a gold color option
- Latest leak may offer a look at Moto G (2015) customization options with Moto Maker
- Motorola Moto G 2015 stars in hands-on ahead of launch
Something different: UBIK UNO
Galaxy Note 5: the rumor mill spins on
We always want to hear your feedback. Whether it’s criticism or praise, feel free to tell us what you think about Android Authority’s content, design, and community. Comment here or get in touch with us on our social channels: