Affiliate links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
5 Android apps you shouldn't miss this week! - Android Apps Weekly!
- Heartstone’s next huge expansion, dubbed The Grand Tournament, will be getting released in the next few days on August 24th. This is a huge update that will help freshen things up quite a bit and will include all kinds of new features. Hearthstone players rejoice!
- As promised, Square Enix has released Final Fantasy 7 for mobile. Unfortunately, it’s only available on iOS for right now but if history repeats itself, that means it is coming to Android sometime in the next couple of months and we can’t wait for that!
- Fallout Shelter continues to turn heads as it quickly becomes one of the most popular Android games of the year. Bethesda released an infographic to show the game’s success with some very surprising stats, including over one billion sessions played to date.
- The latest PC and Android Humble Bundle is out now and includes several awesome games, including three that are brand new to Android. You can pick up all six games plus whatever is coming soon as long as you beat the average which is just under $3 right now.
- Earlier this week, Android 6.0 got its official name and with that, the final developer preview. Along with that, Google announced that the Play Store will begin accepting apps that are Marshmallow ready which is very exciting because we’re about to see a ton of Android 6.0 oriented app updates.
For even more Android apps and games news, updates, and new releases, don’t forget to check out this week’s newsletter to see all the stuff we didn’t have time for here. If you’re so inclined, you can also sign up using your email address and we’ll send this newsletter straight to your virtual door every Friday so you don’t have to miss anything.
Don’t forget to also check us out on Twitch. We’ll be streaming live Android games on Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday starting at 4PM Eastern Standard Time each day. I don’t know what we’ll be playing yet but I do know that we always have a blast and we’d love to have you there. Click the button below to check it out!
Viddsee is a new video streaming application that showcases a bunch of independently made short films out of Asia. It’s a little niche but it is free to use and some of the films are actually really good. Every video has English subtitles so you can read along if you don’t understand the language and the app will promote videos for you to check out each week. There is also a queue system and downloading for offline use. It’s actually fairly decent if you like Asian films.
[Price: Free with in-app purchases]
Pac-Man 256 is a new spin on the classic arcade game. In this one, instead of navigating mazes until you eat all of the pellets, you’re instead doomed to follow one endless maze forever which technically makes this one an infinite runner game. However, most of the game mechanics remain intact and it’s essentially a standard game of Pac-Man that never ends. It’s free to play and comes from the developers who also did Crossy Road.
Move Loot is a new application that’s kind of like the Craigslist of furniture. Using it, you can buy and sell furniture of all shapes and sizes for whatever price you want. It’s well designed and easy to use but there are a few issues. It’s only available in a select number of cities and there are some release day bugs that still need ironed out. Keep an eye on this one though, it’s not amazing yet but it has a lot of potential.
Mozilla has been busy lately and they released a new application called Webmaker. As the name implies, you can use this along with a cursory knowledge of CSS and HTML to create web pages right on your phone. There are some release day bugs but otherwise the app seems to be pretty decent and fun. It’s not an advanced tool or anything but it can be fun for beginners or those looking to have some fun. It’s also totally free and open source.
[Price: Free with in-app purchases]
Square Enix released Final Fantasy 7 but they also released the Final Fantasy Portal App. This app is kind of a news application that gives you news about all things Final Fantasy, including game releases, announcements, and information about books, music, games, and merchandise. What makes it interesting is that the application also has the Triple Triad card game from Final Fantasy VIII which you can actually play and collect cards for. It’s a must have for Final Fantasy fans.
If we missed any great Android apps or games news, let us know about it in the comments below! Thanks for reading and watching and we’ll be back next week!