If you’re dying to root your Samsung Exhibit 4G SGH-T759 but you’ve got no idea how, you’ve come to the right place. Whether the Exhibit 4G is your first Android phone, or you’re not just confident in rooting it, this rooting method is one of the easiest available. We’ll also give you the instructions on how to install ClockworkMod Recovery for you to enjoy the full Android experience. Just follow our instructions and you’ll be well on your way to customizing your Exhibit 4G.
For those of you who are unfamiliar with the term, rooting is the process by which you regain administrative access to your phone. One of the main reasons why Android users root their phones is to gain freedom and control as well as the ability to tweak the phone just the way you like it. You can even improve your device’s performance, alter system files and choose to install applications to your SD Card. If you’d like to read more about rooting, you can read our “Rooting for Dummies” guide.
- Samsung Exhibit 4G SGH-T759
- A Windows PC
- Make a backup of all your important data in case anything will be lost or corrupted during the rooting process.
- Fully charge your Exhibit 4G’s battery. This prevents your Exhibit 4G from shutting off in the middle of the rooting process.
- Enable USB Debugging. You can do this through “Settings > Applications > Development > USB Debugging.” The USB Debugging box should be ticked.
- Enable Unknown Sources so you can install apps from third-party sources. You can do this through “Settings > Applications.”
- Get the ADB USB drivers (TMO_T759_ADB_Tether_Drivers.zip, 3.7 MB) and install them to your PC.
- Download the Rooting package (Zerg rush root.rar, 890.5 kB) to your PC.
- Extract the contents of the rooting package into a folder on your computer. You will need a RAR extraction program (e.g., WinRAR) to extract the files in the archive.
- Connect your Samsung Exhibit 4G to the computer using a USB Cable.
- On your computer, open the folder where you extracted the contents of the rooting package. Inside the folder you will find a file named ZergRushTempRoot.bat.
- Double-click on the ZergRushTempRoot.bat file to launch it.
- A command prompt window will open. Follow the instructions on the screen.
- It should take about 5 minutes to root your Exhibit 4G.
- On your phone, download and install the Root Checker app from the Google Play Store to determine if you’ve got root. Tap on the Verify Root Access button on the app and it should inform you if your device has got root access.
Congratulations! You have now successfully rooted your Samsung Exhibit 4G SGH-T759.
We're all multi-talented and multi-faceted here, but, perhaps, Carl is the most multi-faceted in the bunch. Among Carl's many interests, Android holds a special place. He's particularly fond of reviewing Android apps and writing step-by-step guides for fellow Android fans.