If any messaging service represents the meaning of “carpe diem”, it must be Snapchat. This application is known for its temporary nature. Messages, pictures and videos will disappear forever some seconds after the recipient takes a look at them. And just as your messages dissolve in a heart beat, Snapchat has made it as fast and simple for your whole account to disappear forever too.
Are you ready to let your Snapchat account go? Whether you have been naughty or nice, sometimes your best bet is to let go and start clean. Whatever your reason for leaving may be, we are here to help you through the process. There are two ways to access Snapchat’s account deletion page.
How to delete your Snapchat account (method 1)
- Go to https://accounts.snapchat.com/accounts/delete_account from any browser (you can’t delete the account from the actual app).
- Enter your username and password.
- Check the box to confirm you are not a robot.
- Select “Log in”.
- Enter your username and password once again.
- Select “Delete my account”, all the way at the bottom.
- You are done! Snapchat will keep all your data for 30 days, just in case you want to return. If that is the case, simply log back in to reactivate your account.
How to delete your Snapchat account (method 2)
- Open your browser and go to Snapchat.com.
- Scroll down and select “Support”, under the “Company” section.
- Select “Learning the basics”.
- Select “Account Settings”.
- Select “Delete an Account”.
- Follow the same steps as method 1.
There you have it, guys! Now you are free from Snapchat and ready to start a new life. Or you can just reactivate it when you tart feeling withdrawals! If you do come back to Snapchat, don’t forget to follow the Android Authority account.