5 Android apps you shouldn’t miss this week! – Android Apps Weekly
Welcome back to Android Apps Weekly! Here are your big headlines from the last week:
- Google has a new feature in their Gmail app called Gmailify. This gives your non-Google email accounts Gmail features such as Spam filtering and more. All you have to do is sign into your non-Gmail accounts in Gmail and then enable the feature to get started and you can unlink them at any time.
- Right on schedule, Nintendo has opened up the pre-registration for their upcoming Miitomo game for mobile devices. You’ll have to create a Nintendo account to do so which doesn’t take long. This is one step closer to release, but we still don’t have an exact date just yet.
- An App Annie report was released this week that predicts that Google Play Store sales and revenue should triple by 2020, outpacing the Apple App Store. It’s good news for Google fans and especially for Google along with all Google Play developers. This is most likely thanks to emerging markets buying smartphones for the first time.
- The latest Humble Bundle is now live! This week will feature a bunch of Kemco games which are jRPG titles. They provide many hours of game play and decent stories. You can pay $1 for three games, beat the average for three more games, or pay $6 and get every game.
- It was announced this week that Google Play Games will be supporting custom gamer tags in the near future. This is a great addition for those who may not want to game with their real names and gives gamers the chance to be creative. It’s rolling out right now and should reach you soon.
For even more Android apps and games news, releases, and updates, don’t forget to check out this week’s newsletter! There we’ll have a ton of stuff that we didn’t have space for here. If you would like, you can sign up for the newsletter using the form below and get it sent straight to your inbox every Sunday!
[Price: Free with in-app purchases]
Splash Cars is a fun little free roaming game where you drive a car around that drops paint so you can paint the town. The mechanics are relatively simple and the premise is easy to understand. You drive around painting stuff while being tailed by the police. There are power ups that can hinder the police and you can even turn folks to your cause. It’s a time waster to be sure, but it’s a good little diversion that’s worth checking out.
Foodie is a free camera application that was released by LINE, the well known chatting and calls service. It’s an easy camera app that has 26 built in filters that are specifically made to bring some pizzazz to your food photography. On top of the filters, there are also some lightweight editing tools to further enhance the images, auto blurring, and a guide is included to help you make the best use of it. It’s entirely free with no in-app purchases which means there’s no harm in trying.
GameBattles is an eSports gaming platform that lets players compete against one another, form teams, prepare matches, and all kinds of other stuff. The app is an extension of the service and it lets you check on upcoming matches, view your profile, and see any achievements you may have earned. It’s a little simple, but it looks nice and seems to work smoothly. If you do any competitive gaming, it may be worth looking into this one.
Wolfram has released a beta application for Wolfram Cloud which is an app that taps into their popular web service. Using this app, you can access the Wolfram Programming Cloud and continue working on projects you may have there. Of course, most people who are interested in an application like this are those who already use Wolfram or are intending to use it. Still, the app seems to work pretty well and it’s a great addition if you use Wolfram Cloud already.
Bombing Bastards Touch is an unapologetic Bomberman clone that uses a lot of the same concepts and ideas. The game features 30 puzzle maps across five worlds for you to play through. Each one will be riddled with puzzles, bad guys, and power ups to help you along your way. There are even boss fights. What makes this game unique is that it’s entirely free with no in-app purchases and is probably the best game at that price point that we’ve seen in a long time. Check it out!
Related best app lists:
- Flying solo and don’t want to? Check out the best Android dating apps!
- Or poke fun at all the happy people with these epic meme generator apps!
If we missed any big Android apps or games news or releases, tell us about them in the comments! To see our complete list of best app lists, click here.