Links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
Must read: top 10 Android stories
This week we talked about Andy Rubin’s new Essential Phone, gave you our first impressions on Sony’s Xperia XZ Premium, reviewed the Xiaomi Mi 6, and a whole lot more. Here’s the news of the week!
Who wants to win a Google Pixel XL?
10 Android stories we handpicked for you
Sony Xperia XZ Premium first impressions While in Taipei for Computex 2017, Josh got to spend some time with the Sony Xperia XZ Premium. Here are his initial thoughts and impressions!
Unihertz Jelly review: a tiny phone with huge aspirations With a tiny 2.45-inch display, the Unihertz Jelly starts at $79 and offers everything you’d expect from an Android smartphone…to one degree or another.
HTC U11: impressions after one week Before diving into the full review, here are Lanh’s thoughts on the HTC U11 after using the phone for one week.
Xiaomi Mi 6 review The latest flagship from Xiaomi once again combines high-end specs with a reasonable price tag. Here is our in-depth Xiaomi Mi 6 review!
Andy Rubin’s Essential Phone revealed: launching for $699 with modular functionality Android creator Andy Rubin’s first smartphone has launched. Find out all the specs and price details of the new modular handset here.
What’s new with ARM’s Mail-G72 GPU? ARM’s new Mali-G72 GPU boasts improved energy efficiency and a large number of micro-architectural changes to improve mobile graphics.
A closer look at ARM’s latest Cortex-A75 and Cortex-A55 CPUs ARM’s latest Cortex-A75 and Cortex-A55 CPU cores boast a number of micro-architecture changes to improve performance. Here’s what you need to know.
Exclusive: OnePlus 5 retail packaging leaked, confirms dual camera We’ve obtained an image of the retail packaging for the upcoming OnePlus 5, revealing the official tagline for the new device: Dual Camera. Clearer Photos.
Moto Z2 Play announced: coming to Verizon in July, unlocked later this summer After months and months of leaks, Lenovo has finally taken the wraps off its latest powerhouse of a smartphone, the Moto Z2 Play!
What we like and what we don’t like about the Essential Phone (so far) The newly revealed Essential Phone, from Android co-creator Andy Rubin, has a near bezel-free screen and other cool features, but lacks some important ones.
Don’t miss these videos
Watch more Android videos on our YouTube channel.
More hot news
- Paranoid Android 2017 is here with support for Pixel, Nexus, and OnePlus devices
- Honor 9: everything we know so far
- These are the phones with the latest Android security patches
- Andy Rubin’s Essential team exploring Google Glass-like smart glasses
- LG Pay makes its debut in South Korea
- LG (sort of) confirms that it will launch a G6 Pro and G6 Plus
- Google can now understand language with 95% accuracy
- Qualcomm unveils Quick Charge 4+
- BlackBerry KEYone now available in the US and Canada
- The Amazon Echo can finally set reminders for you
- New Moto Mods for gaming, audio, and more will launch later this summer
- BlackBerry KEYone is already facing shortages in the US
- Android Pay launches in Canada and Taiwan
- Samsung Gear VR finally gets Chromecast support
- The Essential Phone will work on all four major US carriers, for the most part
- Unlocked Samsung Galaxy S8 now available in the US
- Moto G5S and G5S Plus: what we’d like to see
From our network
- Do you need an amp? [SoundGuys.com]
- HTC Vive will be available in a wireless version in early 2018 [VRSource.com]
- Uber fires its self-driving car lead Anthony Levandowski over Waymo lawsuit [Charged.io]