Affiliate links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
Must read: top 10 Android stories
This week we rounded up some of our favorite apps, games, smartphones and more from 2017. We also reviewed the Ticwatch S and E, talked about the upcoming Galaxy S9, and much more. Here’s the news of the week!
Who wants to win a OnePlus 5T?
In our latest giveaway, you can win a brand new OnePlus 5T! Head here to enter.
10 Android stories we handpicked for you
As good as it gets: has the smartphone peaked? Phones have gotten bigger, faster, and more powerful, but the overall form factor of every successful smartphone today is the same. Is this it? Has the smartphone peaked?
2017 in review: 10 defining moments in the world of Android 2017 is coming to an end, which means it’s time for us to look back at some of the key moments in the world of Android, the good and the bad.
The biggest, most embarrassing blunders of 2017 Failed products, horrible decisions, baffling mistakes: these are the biggest mobile tech failures of 2017.
Ticwatch S and E review: affordable Android Wear The Ticwatch S and E drift from the original design in order to offer a more affordable option, but does the price effect the quality?
The five most underrated Android phones of 2017 There were a ton of new Android smartphones that launched in 2017, but many of them didn’t get the attention they deserved.
Why cell phone plans are so expensive Plan costs haven’t changed significantly over the years, even as technology has rapidly advanced. We keep paying, each and every month. Why do we pay so much?
10 most controversial apps, games, and Google Play decisions of 2017 Join us as we round up the 10 most controversial apps and otherwise bad decisions made in the Google Play Store in 2017!
Samsung in 2018: will it continue to kick ass? A look at Samsung’s wins and losses of 2017, and predictions for the upcoming year.
Do we need to define ‘bezel-less’? There has been a lot of talk in 2017 about bezel-less phones, but all the phones still have bezels. What gives? We need to define this term. Vote now!
3D or not 3D? Is that (yet again) the question? The notable characteristic that each and every previous 3D craze has shared is that they all ultimately failed. Will things be different with VR?
Don’t miss these videos
Watch more Android videos on our YouTube channel.
More hot news
- Samsung’s next Exynos chip will be launched on January 4
- Samsung’s Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus stop by the FCC
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 670, 640, and 460 specs leak
- We don’t throttle performance on our Android phones like Apple, says HTCand Motorola
- Google brings on former Apple chip designer
- Huawei’s alleged 2018 roadmap shows a very busy year
- Report: HUAWEI’s Mate 10 is coming to America on AT&T in February
- Samsung Galaxy Note 8/S8 Plus phones not turning on after battery hits zero
- HQ Trivia, the real money quiz app, set to hit Android January 1
From our network
- Anker Zolo Liberty Total-Wireless review [SoundGuys.com]
- New drone for Christmas? Don’t forget to register it with the FAA! [DroneRush.com]
- Lenovo Daydream VR headset passes through the FCC [VRSource.com]